Bootleg new Trailer

Started by Gotham Knight, Tue, 29 Apr 2008, 20:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 29 Apr 2008, 20:33 Last Edit: Tue, 29 Apr 2008, 20:45 by Gotham Knight
love me

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/28/no-new-dark-knight-trailer-until-sunday-bootleg-now-online/

I was impressed with everything except Heath Ledger. His look is awsome. What he ws doing, awsome.  The high squeally voice ruins it for me.

I made this post over on BOTB regarding Heath:

He has really made the character his own. I cannot imagine anyone stepping into this role beside Heath after seeing his clips on this trailer. As much as I LOVE 89 and Jacks Joker, it coule be easily mimiced by someone else. Im catching certain mannerisms in Ledgers performance and even things in his speech patterns that would be very, very difficult to copy.

Just my opinion.

I am totally siked about this movie. I havent been this pumped about Batman since before B&R came out. (noticed I said "before" lol) In my mind Batman 89 is a classic, it will not be touched, its solidified itself with me as my Batman film. Because of that, I feel that I can openly accept another movie as a great Batman film, and Im having high hopes for TDK. From what Im seeing, this may be my second number 1.

Quote from: raleagh on Tue, 29 Apr  2008, 20:59
I saw that news reported somewhere else too

http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/features.php?news=21  ;)

Damn. I'm always Johnny Come lately. -grumble grumble-

Tue, 29 Apr 2008, 21:04 #4 Last Edit: Tue, 29 Apr 2008, 21:09 by Gotham Knight
Quote from: shadowbat69 on Tue, 29 Apr  2008, 21:00
I made this post over on BOTB regarding Heath:

He has really made the character his own. I cannot imagine anyone stepping into this role beside Heath after seeing his clips on this trailer. As much as I LOVE 89 and Jacks Joker, it coule be easily mimiced by someone else. Im catching certain mannerisms in Ledgers performance and even things in his speech patterns that would be very, very difficult to copy.

Just my opinion.

I am totally siked about this movie. I havent been this pumped about Batman since before B&R came out. (noticed I said "before" lol) In my mind Batman 89 is a classic, it will not be touched, its solidified itself with me as my Batman film. Because of that, I feel that I can openly accept another movie as a great Batman film, and Im having high hopes for TDK. From what Im seeing, this may be my second number 1.

That might be so...I still don't like it. I find his voice irritating and if I can be frank...kinda stupid. Seems like a lot of hype for nothing.   Just my opinion

EDIT: I'm still hoping the film delivers. But, Ledger has left me...meh....

Thats cool. I dont expect everyone will like these renditions. Heck, Im not big on Begins renditions of Scarecrow and Ra's. Im actually pleasently suprised at how TDK is striking me.

I love what they did with Ra's in Begins (like the nod at him being immortial) but I wanted the comic version of Scarecrow - though it was nice to have the two irish boys as villians!

I know what you mean about the Joker's voice Gotham Knight.  I was blown away by the first trailer, but a little dissappointed with his voice in the new one.  But I suspect it will grow on me, infact I know it will.

Shadowbat - I can't say I agree about Nicholson being easy to copy  ;)

The bit with Harvey (NOOOOOO) gave me chills.  The Joker is gonna be one sadistic soab!

You know a lot of people find it hard to believe that you can like different versions of Batman - I honestly hope I like TDK more than B89 - if I do, then it means it has been one hell of a masterpiece.

I so LOVE the new trailer.

July cannot simply get here quick enough.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: raleagh on Tue, 29 Apr  2008, 22:20

Shadowbat - I can't say I agree about Nicholson being easy to copy  ;)

You know a lot of people find it hard to believe that you can like different versions of Batman - I honestly hope I like TDK more than B89 - if I do, then it means it has been one hell of a masterpiece.

Just get Christian  Slater to get into make up and there you go.lol ;) :D

I was discussing this with a friend earlier and he was shocked at my enthusiasm over TDK. I was explaining my above reasoning to him and we got on the performances of Jack and Heath (based on the trailers). Im noticing those little things about Heaths performance like his line deliveries and mannerisms and they just seem more oriented to who Heath has creted Joker to be. Where as jack, aside from his obvious trademark eyebrows and facial expressions, really didnt have anything particular that seemed "un copyable". If that makes sense.

Dont get me wrong, Jacks Joker is like 89 itself, classic. I mean, look where we are. ;) This is just something Im feeling.

Like you said Raleagh, there are still so many that cant grasp loving different versions.

I'm fine with liking different verson. I liked Begins. I didn't love it..but I liked it. I have a feeling I'll like TDK. But the ay they portray Batman on a 'moral pedistal' so to speak will aways have it ranked number 2 for me.