LEGO Batman (Videogame)

Started by Azrael, Sat, 27 Sep 2008, 08:44

Previous topic - Next topic
I have just purchased Lego Batman 2.

As a fan of the first, I'm looking forward to playing through it and sharing my thoughts.

Been playing this when I've had the chance. I like it a lot. So far, it's as good as the first one. The Lego concept is cool, and no less legitimate than live action or comic books. It's no more real or phony, and in this world Lego constructs are the norm.

It's not perfect, however. It can be a little frustrating in finding the next level, and a tad annoying having to drive to that section on the map every time you turn the game back on. I think Batman's characterisation has been good – though I feel he's been portrayed a tad incompetent in parts, in order to have to call in Superman and the gang.

Anyway, all in all, I enjoy Lego Batman. The plots are engaging and fun to watch unfold. Good humour and atmospheric environments – love the rain on the loading screen. This and the Arkham series are holding their own in the gaming world.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 26 Feb  2013, 01:24

It's not perfect, however. It can be a little frustrating in finding the next level, and a tad annoying having to drive to that section on the map every time you turn the game back on. 

Just wait til you try to gather the gold bricks in Gotham City while using a flying character. You get the hang of it after a while, but the controls are frustrating. You have to keep pushing the jump button to make the character fly while controlling with the d-pad (or variation thereof). I don't know why they did that as the flying characters are much easier to control within the levels. Oh well. I still enjoy the daylights out of the game. And if you haven't tried Lego LOTR yet, you need to, it's one of the BEST in the series!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: gordonblu on Mon,  9 Jul  2012, 22:37
They did use a little bit of the Batman Returns soundtrack.

I have been planning to do some videos of the original game with BR, BF, and some B&R music( I've got a boot until someone makes it legit!) used in the appropriate places. I think I'll wait until I purchase the BTAS volumes to touch on the characters who weren't in the films. 
I'll probably post some video samples (best moments musically) when I've finished.

I might even do some stuff for the new game too, but I'm gonna wait and see how the first one turns out.

Have you got any videos done? I've seen other games edited as "movies" too, and it's always a fun way to make a more brief "longplay", showing only the game's highlights.

I got some video captured, but I haven't done anything yet as I have been involved with two community plays back to back (our production of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe opens in exactly two weeks, PANIC TIME!). I've been thinking about the game though and will probably have something up in a month or two. i might recapture the vids though as I played terribly the last time.

Just loved the opening credits sequence of the Lego Batman movie. Those that saw it, know.

I will have some of the Riddler levels up soon (with Goldenthal and Walker music) as long as I can get youtube to cooperate.

Tue, 10 Sep 2013, 16:16 #67 Last Edit: Tue, 10 Sep 2013, 16:22 by gordonblu

It's only been a year since I said I'd do this! The cinema scenes for Mr. Freeze turned out the best IMO, but I liked how the final levels worked too! I can't begin to tell you how many times the music timed with the visuals by accident, that is always a pleasant surprise!

Part 2 will be up as soon as possible.

Here's part 2. I'll do the other stories soon (ish).

Good job. Really like the choice of tracks and the editing, it shows that Lego Batman would be even better if they used the rest of the bat-soundtracks besides '89 as BGM.

I especially love how the Freeze and the Riddler Bank Heist levels work with Goldenthal's music - it sounds like the music is from the game!

I'm surprised you didn't use the Heart of Ice theme for Freeze's character bio screen - it could work IMO.