LEGO Batman (Videogame)

Started by Azrael, Sat, 27 Sep 2008, 08:44

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteWould you fancy doing a longer review for the website as a feature?
I can try, but I'll have to collect my thoughts first.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Yeah, an in-depth review would be great.

If you talk about the music, though, don't forget to mention that, as hard as it is to believe, the DS version of the original 2008 game (which was different than the console/PC/PSP versions) had some tracks from Batman Returns too.

I did not know that about the DS version of the original game. Ral, I tried to PM you with my review but I'm not sure it went through, and I can't find it in my sent messages. If not let me know and I'll try again.

Quote from: gordonblu on Sun, 24 Jun  2012, 17:48
Danny's music is used (even some Batman Returns this time!)
Sweet. What cues do they use, gordonblu?

Looking forward to your review.

The one I noticed was "The Fall From Grace" during the Ace Chemicals level. If there is any more I haven't heard them yet, seeing as I still have to get to Metropolis or the Watchtower.

I don't know how great my review is, I keep thinking of better ways to phrase things.

Well written review, gordonblu.  :)

Fri, 29 Jun 2012, 03:45 #57 Last Edit: Fri, 29 Jun 2012, 04:16 by gordonblu
Thank you! I did notice an error  though. When driving a vehicle, use the special moves button to REVERSE not decelerate. I don't know why I said decelerate.

Played it too. Great fun as always. The shark was a nice touch. I also got a Schumacher vibe from those statues and some BG designs, but what looks ridiculous in movies, looks fine in LEGO games! The original compositions are OK, but the authentic music is part of what makes the LEGO games fun. They could insert cues from BR or even BF. I don't know if it's licensing issues or personal preference, I hope it's not the latter.

They did use a little bit of the Batman Returns soundtrack.

I have been planning to do some videos of the original game with BR, BF, and some B&R music( I've got a boot until someone makes it legit!) used in the appropriate places. I think I'll wait until I purchase the BTAS volumes to touch on the characters who weren't in the films. 
I'll probably post some video samples (best moments musically) when I've finished.

I might even do some stuff for the new game too, but I'm gonna wait and see how the first one turns out.