BATMAN FOREVER LIMITED EDITION 2CD SET!

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 16 May 2011, 23:28

Previous topic - Next topic
One weird thing about this score is the amount of music it has. I guess it's easy to forget how many scenes have music playing behind them.

It's also easy to forget that the score isn't always big and bombastic. There are gentler parts. Schumacher wanted a big, loud score for his big, loud movie, and Goldenthal didn't shrink from his job but at the same time not everything is a blaring cacophony. The score is a big reason why I'm coming to a new acceptance of Forever.

Plus, some of the circus cues sound like something Elfman might've come up with.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 27 Aug  2012, 20:17
It's also easy to forget that the score isn't always big and bombastic. There are gentler parts. Schumacher wanted a big, loud score for his big, loud movie, and Goldenthal didn't shrink from his job but at the same time not everything is a blaring cacophony. The score is a big reason why I'm coming to a new acceptance of Forever.
Highlights of the score, IMO. Chase's theme is pretty nifty. 'Flashback/Signal/Robin's Lament' is a good one. 'Memories Repressed/Love' as well.

Another thing - I can just imagine 'Alley Rumble/Screen Kiss' sounding very creepy if you played it in a pitch black room at night.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 27 Aug  2012, 20:17
Plus, some of the circus cues sound like something Elfman might've come up with.
Y'know even though EG said he wasn't influenced by elfman's work from the first films i can hear still some cues in the film that sound like elfmans music abit please note i said abit not alot.
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin