X-Men'97 (2023)

Started by Gotham Knight, Fri, 12 Nov 2021, 16:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 12 Nov 2021, 16:55 Last Edit: Fri, 12 Nov 2021, 18:56 by Gotham Knight
Coming to Disney Plus:

The show has been revived and will pick up where the show left off.

Cal Dodd, Lenore Zann, George Buza, Alison Sealy-Smith, Chris Potter, Catherine Disher, Adrian Hough, and Christopher Britton return to the series as voice actors. They will be joined by Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, and AJ LoCascio.

Is it too much to hope that this incarnation of Wolverine is a little more balls out than the old series? You know, actually using his claws for something?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 13 Nov  2021, 02:00
Is it too much to hope that this incarnation of Wolverine is a little more balls out than the old series? You know, actually using his claws for something?

I wouldn't hold my breath, especially now it will be on Disney Plus.

I binge-watched the original animated series a decade, and thought it didn't age all that well. But for the sake of curiosity, I'll watch X-Men '97. Since the original show ended in 1997, I assume the title of the new will take place right after Professor Xavier left with Lilandra in the finale.

It's sad that the original Cyclops actor Norm Spencer died last year, he was one of the best voices on the show. I'm curious to know who will replace him.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I binged watched X-Men TAS last year, and still think the show did much more right than wrong, so of course I can't help but be interested. Guess we should be counting our lucky stars that Victoria Alonso was gracious in allowing the "X-Men" name to continue on under the Disney umbrella. You know, with women being apart of the team, that right there automatically deems the name "X-Men" outdated and all.  ::)

With that sort of idiocy 'thinking' in the upper echelon, when it comes to X-Men under Disney, including this, let's just say I am cautiously interested. Put it that way.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

First look photos of X-Men '97 have been revealed at SDCC. Magneto is now the new leader of the team, following Professor X's departure with Lilandra at the end of the original series.

Does Morph even have a face in this new show? He looks like the Question in that picture.

https://consequence.net/2022/07/x-men-97-revival-marvel-comic-con-first-look/
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 13 Nov  2021, 07:13

I binged watched X-Men TAS last year, and still think the show did much more right than wrong, so of course I can't help but be interested. Guess we should be counting our lucky stars that Victoria Alonso was gracious in allowing the "X-Men" name to continue on under the Disney umbrella. You know, with women being apart of the team, that right there automatically deems the name "X-Men" outdated and all.  ::)

With that sort of idiocy 'thinking' in the upper echelon, when it comes to X-Men under Disney, including this, let's just say I am cautiously interested. Put it that way.
I wonder if part of the reason "X-Men" hasn't been changed to something else is because there's no good alternative?

X? X-People? X-Mutants? The Mutants? All of those names are just BAD. X-Men truly is the best option.