Did Batman kill Solomon Grundy in Arkham City?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 10 Apr 2015, 13:54

Previous topic - Next topic
I was playing Arkham City for the fifth time a couple of days ago. I enjoyed it as always, but there was something that kind of bothered me about the end of the Solomon Grundy fight; the one where you have to destroy those electrical generators that keep reanimating Grundy as you fight him underneath the Penguin's Iceberg Lounge. Once Batman beats Grundy, it looked like he killed Grundy by splattering his heart, But here's the thing I don't get. Grundy is supposed to be a zombie, right? If he's already lifeless, then wouldn't Batman 'killing him' off not really count as murder after all?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

He could have taken a Batsaw and cut him into a million pieces and I think he would have been within his "No Killing" limits lol. I guess in this case (saw my cuz playing that part so I kind of know what i"m talking about lol) it was his way of stopping him. Since Solomon can't really die and the electricity can keep him going as long as he's "alive", what is death to us is like a knockout to him.

Or I may just totally be wrong and need to shut the f*** up. lol

Every time I think of Solomon Grundy I think of that episode of Justice League where he befriends Hawkgirl and calls her bird nose and then dies in her arms at the end. So sad. :(

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Fri, 10 Apr  2015, 13:54
But here's the thing I don't get. Grundy is supposed to be a zombie, right? If he's already lifeless, then wouldn't Batman 'killing him' off not really count as murder after all?
No. It's just stopping him temporarily.