Quentin Tarantino Appreciation

Started by The Dark Knight, Sun, 23 Aug 2009, 12:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Sandman on Thu, 27 Aug  2009, 01:16
WOW Someone that liked Death Proof :o lol

It's far from being one of his best, but for what it is I was entertained.  It had a certain hypnotic quality about it as if you were peeking in on the various character's lives (particularly during the bar scene), and the ending in which the three heroines knock the crap out of Kurt Russell and cause him to whine like a little girl was hilarious.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Inglourious Basterds is now available on DVD and Blu-ray. I'm going to snap that up ASAP.

And here are some awesome Inglourious Basterds themed comic covers I saw a while ago, but I'll share here in case you have not seen.
http://ow.ly/CBCy

So I finally saw Django Unchained. What an incredible movie. Tarantino delivered the goods yet again. 

Has anybody else seen it?

What's all this controversy between him and Spike Lee? I admire both directors but had no idea they were at each others throats. I think Lee overanalysed his recent film. It seemed purely entertainment to me.

Also might be a bad idea but what about Tarantino on a Batman movie? Too big a name? Too tough to get? I read he's into comics.

And here we are again.

The Hateful Eight is a slow burn, but boy, what a rewarding journey to take.

In this, agreed. Three hours pass in three minutes, always a sign of a good movie.