Kilmer is sort of like Keaton in a way

Started by Shan45, Fri, 17 Jul 2009, 14:24

Previous topic - Next topic
He has the darkness down. He, I think, understands the character. This is why Kane thought he was the best Batman because he played Batman and understood the character while playing Bats.

Are you sure you're not mixing up Kilmer with Keaton (just joking, but what your post reads fits Keaton more than Kilmer)?

Besides, I can assume that a majority of us know for sure that Kane was just being professional, as he has said the same for almost all of the pre-Bale actors (he just didn't like Robert Lowery).

Val kilmer is a exellent actor prob the most underated actor going around, I have always said and have seen proof that he could have given 10x the Batman performance he did ( I blame WB and sh*tmaker for that). I don't think anyone can top Michael Keaton there have been 3 live action Batman since himand still no one has been able to better what he gave us.

To be honest, I like Kilmer's Batman. My biggest complain is the lack of the detective side. But I blame Shumacher and WB. >:(
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Fri, 17 Jul  2009, 19:44
Besides, I can assume that a majority of us know for sure that Kane was just being professional

Agreed. He had said the same for Clooney. Every Batman was the best Batman yet.

I liked Val Kilmer myself to be perfectly honest. Its his lines I disliked when he was in his bat suit. But thats another rant.

Anyways, Val was great, kept it very toned down and subtle. Keaton had more unpredictable variations to his personality on camera, which is why he will always be thee Batman for me.

But if there were no Keaton and Val was the man, Id be content. Val was my favorite when he played Doc Holiday in Tombstone.  :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Quote from: Batnar on Thu,  6 Aug  2009, 00:20
I liked Val Kilmer myself to be perfectly honest. Its his lines I disliked when he was in his bat suit. But thats another rant.

Anyways, Val was great, kept it very toned down and subtle. Keaton had more unpredictable variations to his personality on camera, which is why he will always be thee Batman for me.

But if there were no Keaton and Val was the man, Id be content. Val was my favorite when he played Doc Holiday in Tombstone.  :)

Farrrrking biggest Oscar rob of all time.

Thu, 6 Aug 2009, 09:00 #7 Last Edit: Thu, 6 Aug 2009, 09:04 by The Dark Knight
I didn't hate Kilmer like Clooney. He had the traits there and he also had more potential. I think if Forever's darkness and grit factor was ratcheted up considerably, he could have been impressive. However, I can only judge what appears in the film. Kilmer couldn't play Wayne or Batman with the same ellusive childlike innocence and intensity that Keaton managed.

Kilmer's not as good as Batman or Bruce Wayne, but he's a hell of an actor.  He was amazing in Tombstone.  I agree with you Sandman, it was the biggest Oscar rob of all time.  It's too bad he never had the chance that Keaton had at portraying a serious Batman/Bruce Wayne.  Otherwise, he may just be compared more favorably.

I think that Kilmer was good for what he was given, I feel a sense that he would have liked making the character even a touch darker if given the right chance, he's one of the few things about BF that I actually admire.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.