Do you think Batman Forever would have been better if Keaton had returned?

Started by Shan45, Fri, 17 Jul 2009, 03:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Batman Forever would have been better if Keaton had returned?

Yes, it would be better
19 (61.3%)
No, it would be not
12 (38.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

I think it would be better. Keaton would provide a sense of continuity, and in turn, keep the links between the Burton and Schumacher movies. 

No, it would be not. It would have just trashed Keaton's reputation in the role.

Now, I'm not saying Keaton would have put in a poor performance, but the material he would have had to work with was poor. He would be surrounded by pathetic DOO-DAH acting and lots of neon lights.

We wouldn't really be seeing a Keaton Batman, his personality would have changed to suit the lighter tone that Schumacher created. It would be a living death, watching this great Batman actor crumble before our own eyes.

I am glad he didn't return. He was never going to return to a non-Burton Batman film anyway. Keaton had sense.

But Keaton had a sort of aura about him. I think he would not change at all. Keaton would of been better than Kilmer, that's for sure.

Quote from: Shan45 on Fri, 17 Jul  2009, 03:38
But Keaton had a sort of aura about him. I think he would not change at all. Keaton would of been better than Kilmer, that's for sure.
The film still would have sucked big time.

Batman Forever isn't bad, it has its moments. Having Keaton would have balanced out the moments of darkness and campiness.

Quote from: Shan45 on Fri, 17 Jul  2009, 03:42
Batman Forever isn't bad, it has its moments.
That is your opinion. I'm sure a lot of folks here disagree with it.

I like Batman Forever for what it is and could have been a la my deleted scenes post. I voted yes, Though it would have only worked had Schumacher not directed he just woundn't understand Keatons Batman, Which is one reason him and Val Kilmer fighted so much.

Quote from: Sandman on Fri, 17 Jul  2009, 03:48
Though it would have only worked had Schumacher not directed he just woundn't understand Keatons Batman, Which is one reason him and Val Kilmer fighted so much.
Exactly. Burton and Keaton were a team, removing pieces of dialogue - for example.

Now, the deleted scenes would make the film a lot better, but I'm still not that fond of the film.

Exactly. Burton and Keaton were a team, removing pieces of dialogue - for example.
Well said my friend, To true!

What exactly did Kilmer fight about with Schumacher? I heard a rumor that Kilmer wanted a darker batman.