Val Kilmer was the best Batman in the Burton/Schumacher era

Started by Keatonfan#1, Sun, 20 Jan 2008, 06:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Val was more suited for the role than Keaton was and was a much better Bruce Wayne than keaton was Keaton's Bruce Wayne was a nut case he was just as nuts as The Joker. Val's Bruce Wayne was more human and was comfortable being who he was. Daniel Waters who wrote the script for Batman Returns even stated that he liked Val in the role better so did Bob Kane.

Did you not start a thread stating that Michael keaton was the best batman and was your name not once Keatons no 1 fan...

Do you ever keep your OWN opinion for more than 5 mins???

I'll miss you dad xx

Val Kilmer was the best Batman in the Burton/Schumacher era

The Greatest Batman of all is Christian Bale

Val Kilmer & Chritian Bale were the only actors that there suited for th role

Val Kilmer slept through that movie. I've never had a performance leave such an absence of impact on me in Batman related media. At least Clooney left a bad impression rather than no impression at all.

One of the problems I have with Schumacher's films is that Batman suffers from what has been termed as "third-arm syndrome".

He has a gadget for every occasion.

(by "third-arm syndrome" i mean that, if our hero has both arms held, he produces a third one to escape. ie - defying reality)

Quote from: raleagh on Sun, 20 Jan  2008, 17:59
One of the problems I have with Schumacher's films is that Batman suffers from what has been termed as "third-arm syndrome".

He has a gadget for every occasion.

(by "third-arm syndrome" i mean that, if our hero has both arms held, he produces a third one to escape. ie - defying reality)

Kinda like when Adam West's Batman needed something, and a device that was never there before would appear in the Batcave.

"I've never had a performance leave such an absence of impact on me in Batman related media. At least Clooney left a bad impression rather than no impression at all."

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

honestly: i was depressed when i saw val kilmer's perfomance back in 95 when batman forever was realeased, Kilmer is the worst batman ever!!!

KEATON IS BATMAN

I think Kilmer was a great Batman and a Bruce Wayne. He played both parts very well and differently, He made Wayne and Batman two different people just like Keaton did and Bale is doing now.

I thought Kilmer certainly looked the part, and I enjoyed his Batman (although, the performance oftentimes felt like a Keaton impression).

His Bruce Wayne left me a bit cold, but I'm not sure if that's due to the performer, writer, or direction. 

While I can't stand BandR, I certainly thought Clooney handled the material that was presented to him quite well.

I didn't feel Val as Bruce Wayne. But his Batman was really good. He should have been in Batman & Robin.