Nostalgia Critic's Batman (1989) VS The Dark Knight (2008) Video

Started by Silver Nemesis, Wed, 20 May 2009, 14:49

Previous topic - Next topic

I was actually reluctant to watch it as first, as I tend to disagree with the Nostalgia Critics' often way too harsh opinion (even though I've seen all of his reviews), but I was actually pleasantly surprised by this particular one.

Nice  ;D

I'd like to find a pic of the opening cartoon depicticting the two Jokers.

Still disagree Ledger was better than Nicholson.

He resembles nothing of the Joker I know in the comics, tv series, cartoons or previous film. He's a Hollywood creation, and has nothing in common in my mind to the comics of Batman.

Dont want to hear this 'Batman No.1' comic cr4p, Nicholson was more like the Joker in that comic. To me Ledger was just the usual Hollywood psycho with make-up.

I am not knocking his performance it was golden, just the characterization, which I enjoyed. But its not the Joker!

Funny! He had me laughing the most while he was talking about Alfred's speeches in TDK, & the ending as well.

"You don't mess with Mr. Mom!" :D

Quote from: Joker81 on Wed, 20 May  2009, 20:13
Still disagree Ledger was better than Nicholson.

He resembles nothing of the Joker I know in the comics, tv series, cartoons or previous film. He's a Hollywood creation, and has nothing in common in my mind to the comics of Batman.

Dont want to hear this 'Batman No.1' comic cr4p, Nicholson was more like the Joker in that comic. To me Ledger was just the usual Hollywood psycho with make-up.

I am not knocking his performance it was golden, just the characterization, which I enjoyed. But its not the Joker!

I was sort of thinking the same thing while watching that part.

The little phone skit at the end with Bale was pretty funny. This guy has solid opinions, I dig his review.

Great review! I disagree with the points that he claimed went against Batman '89 but overall it was insightful. That phone call at the...brilliant.

P.S. Some hardcore TDk fans must be pissed.  ;)

QuoteDont want to hear this 'Batman No.1' comic cr4p, Nicholson was more like the Joker in that comic. To me Ledger was just the usual Hollywood psycho with make-up.

Couldn't agree more, Ledger Joker was his own creation, an the whole hes Batman 1 Joker is just a lie to try an do justice to thier inacurate Hero.