Batman Forever: The Official Movie Book (e-book)

Started by Azrael, Sat, 4 Apr 2009, 10:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 4 Apr 2009, 10:22 Last Edit: Sat, 9 Apr 2016, 15:50 by Azrael
QuoteInstead of starting a new thread, an old one was edited to avoid bumping. The original post was titled "Batman Forever Concept Art" and it was about the Batman Forever book, so it was fitting to replace it with an actual scan of the entire book (added 2016/03/30).

A scan of the UK edition by Mandarin.

Official blurb:

"It's a brand new day for the Dark Knight in the lastest epic blockbuster, Batman Forever!

Facing Batman in this all-new adventure are a pair of fiendish villains - Two Face, former Gotham District Attorney Harvey Dent now disfigured and fueled by vengence, and the dastardly and devious cane-wielding Riddler, known before as super-nerd Edward Nygma.

But help is near as a new partner joins Batman in his fight for Gotham City - Robin, a daredevil crime fighter whose alter ego is young circus acrobat Dick Grayson.

In this offical publication, Michael Singer goes behind the scenes to give the inside story of how this blockbuster movie was made. Interviews with director Joel Schumacher (The Client and Falling Down); stars Val Kilmer (Tombstone) as Batman, Academy Award-winner Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive) as Two-Face, Jim Carrey (The Mask) as the Riddler, Nicole Kidman (Malice) as Dr. Chase Meridan, and Chris O'Donnell (Scent of a Woman) as Robin; and more than 40 key prodection personnel are complemented by a suberb array of fascinating pictorial material and action-packed stills from the movie."

CONTENTS, INTRODUCTION (pp. 1-7)
Contents, Introduction by Bob Kane

A NEW DAY FOR THE DARK KNIGHT (pp. 8-13)

PRE-PRODUCTION: The Team Assembles (pp. 14-21)

THE CAST: What's New In Gotham (pp. 22-43)

PRODUCTION TEAM (pp. 44-53)

MAKE-UP & STUNTS (pp. 54-57)

PRODUCTION DESIGN (pp. 58-71)

COSTUME DESIGN (pp. 72-79)

SPECIAL EFFECTS: An Interview with John Dykstra (pp. 80-87)

VEHICLES, GADGETS AND ARSENALS (pp. 88-95)

CREDITS (p. 96)

Quote from: silenig on Sat,  4 Apr  2009, 10:22
Is it too much if I asked for links to some hi-res scans?  :)

yes...

...only joking. BF is something I would like to get more into sometime.

Quote from: ral on Sat,  4 Apr  2009, 10:24
Quote from: silenig on Sat,  4 Apr  2009, 10:22
Is it too much if I asked for links to some hi-res scans?  :)

yes...

...only joking. BF is something I would like to get more into sometime.

...make sure you get out of BF unscathed ;D That's lovely, some of the artwork was really interesting.

Mon, 6 Apr 2009, 07:59 #3 Last Edit: Mon, 6 Apr 2009, 10:16 by The Dark Knight
BF is something I would like to get more into sometime.
Same, it's just that I find the Burton-verse too good to focus elsewhere Batman wise. I have roasted BF quite a bit on here, but I do have a soft spot for it somewhere in me. I'm sure I do. It was the first Bat film I saw on the big screen.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  6 Apr  2009, 07:59
BF is something I would like to get more into sometime.
Same, it's just that I find the Burton-verse too good to focus elsewhere Batman wise. I have roasted BF quite a bit on here, but I do have a soft spot for it somewhere in me. I'm sure I do. It was the first Bat film I saw on the big screen.
Man I feel bad for you and not in a sarchastic way either, seeing 89 twice in the theaters at the age of 5 has made me who I am today, without it I dunno what I would be.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Thank you so much for posting this Azreal.  :)

Afteran electronic version of the Batman Returns Making Of Book was posted elsewhere on the site I did make a request asking if someone could do the same for the Batman Forever Making Of Book.  And it seems you have.  :)

It's the only Making Of Book of the Burton/Schumacher franchise I don't own in hard copy, so I'm particularly grateful (of course, if anyone could now post electronic copies for the Batman and Batman & Robin Making Of Books that would be fantastic too, if not, from my POV, essential).

Thank you again.  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I'd quite like to see the Batman & Robin book too. That was the only one I didn't own as a kid.

Any chance of getting a re-upload of these pages?