Batman Forever VHS Promo

Started by tbatman, Sat, 21 Mar 2009, 21:31

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 21 Mar 2009, 21:31 Last Edit: Sun, 22 Mar 2009, 04:01 by ral

This is one of the most hyped movie promos i have ever seen. To bad it's for an okay movie. Leave your thoughts after watching

Oh yes, it's definitely overhyped. While I like it & find it to be entertaining (tied w/ TDK on my list of l.a. Batman films), it's no way in hell better than Burton's films.

And Elfman's music in this promo & the trailer (as well as B&R's) is just completely out of place. :P

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sun, 22 Mar  2009, 01:23
Oh yes, it's definitely overhyped. While I like it & find it to be entertaining (tied w/ TDK on my list of l.a. Batman films), it's no way in hell better than Burton's films.

And Elfman's music in this promo & the trailer (as well as B&R's) is just completely out of place. :P

It seemed like Warner Brothers were lying about most of the facts in the promo. And while it was an entertaining film, it's not up to par with Burton's and Nolan's films. Plus, it didn't help much with the dramatic music at the beginning.

Quote from: tbatman on Sun, 22 Mar  2009, 01:32
It seemed like Warner Brothers were lying about most of the facts in the promo. And while it was an entertaining film, it's not up to par with Burton's and Nolan's films. Plus, it didn't help much with the dramatic music at the beginning.

It was a "anything to get a quick buck" situation, I guess. ::)

That video can cite bogus or real stats, discuss economics, opening weekends, box office grosses, audience surveys or anything else.  It can talk about how in demand each one of BF's stars were following the film's run in theaters or how much ass BF kicked in merchandising.  It can cite partnerships with Fujifilm or hype inclusion of the James Bond VHS reissue.  It can do all those things and more.  And for all I know, they're right.

But one simple fact remains.

Burton music was used for over half of that sucker's runtime.  That tells you all you need to know about which version audience were more familiar with.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 22 Mar  2009, 02:00
That video can cite bogus or real stats, discuss economics, opening weekends, box office grosses, audience surveys or anything else.  It can talk about how in demand each one of BF's stars were following the film's run in theaters or how much ass BF kicked in merchandising.  It can cite partnerships with Fujifilm or hype inclusion of the James Bond VHS reissue.  It can do all those things and more.  And for all I know, they're right.

Burton music was used for over half of that sucker's runtime.  That tells you all you need to know about which version audience were more familiar with.

I agree with you.

Didn't think this was possible, but that trailer is even more over-the-top then the movie itself.

I like how they mentioned Drew Barrymore though. She had a very tiny part and wasn't seen in the movie posters or other promotional materials.

Wow. That made me remember when it did come out. I didn't want to got Trick or Treating because I wanted to watch the movie! It is interesting how they ovehyped it, but I Batman Forever is just what the people of that time wanted at that time. That's why it was the sucess it was.

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Sun, 22 Mar  2009, 15:57
It is interesting how they ovehyped it, but I Batman Forever is just what the people of that time wanted at that time.

Sans the Batman fans. From what I've read, they were none too happy about it (although I found it to be quite entertaining).

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 22 Mar  2009, 02:00

You forgot about Acclaim, and there piece of crap video game.