Couple Of Questions

Started by WingedFreak71, Thu, 6 Nov 2008, 04:01

Previous topic - Next topic
anyone ever hear any concrete reason as to why no new Keaton presence on the SE dvds? - only shows his old Returns interviews - disappointing!

also i know i saw somewhere where the "where does he get those wonderful toys?" line is followed up by joker saying "well go and ask him!" as he yells at the goons to give chase - of course it's not in the movie but i always thought that was a great 2nd part to that line - anybody remember seeing that footage someplace?

Thu, 6 Nov 2008, 04:39 #1 Last Edit: Fri, 7 Nov 2008, 01:43 by batass4880
Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Thu,  6 Nov  2008, 04:01
anyone ever hear any concrete reason as to why no new Keaton presence on the SE dvds? - only shows his old Returns interviews - disappointing!

also i know i saw somewhere where the "where does he get those wonderful toys?" line is followed up by joker saying "well go and ask him!" as he yells at the goons to give chase - of course it's not in the movie but i always thought that was a great 2nd part to that line - anybody remember seeing that footage someplace?

Yeah, I've wondered about this. I was surprised that Nicholson gave an interview considering that he almost never does them, at least not on camera. I was expecting Keaton interviews, but not Jack.

As far as "well, go ask him!", I think it was only in the script and they just didn't have him say it. On the VHS it sounds to me like he's telling his men to "Go get those wonderful toys!" because "Where does he..." seemed to be partially cut off for some reason, if I'm right.

Speaking of that scene, I always thought when the Joker asks Vicki "Well, how about a little you-and-me?" it always sounded like "how about a little human being?" which sounded dirty. Then a few years ago, I turned on my CC to find out he didn't say that.

I don't think Keaton really wants the attention.

That was the biggest letdown, Keaton was such a huge part of the films and not having him just plain sucked :(.

Keaton seems to have done more interviews back in 1989 than Nicholson did - gauging by what I have seen.

So perhaps the producers of the docs thought they had enough material from Keaton to go on compared to Jack.

That is one of the things that really did upset me about the SE versions of the Burton films on DVD, it would've been amazing to have new interviews and even commentary on there ( it would have spiced up Burtons boring "put you to sleep" commentary) quite a bit. The only interview footage is from then and around when they were doing BR, that truly is a dissapointment.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: raleagh on Thu,  6 Nov  2008, 19:39
Keaton seems to have done more interviews back in 1989 than Nicholson did - gauging by what I have seen.

So perhaps the producers of the docs thought they had enough material from Keaton to go on compared to Jack.

Yeah true, but still no Keaton is like haveing st patty's day without green beer.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Thu,  6 Nov  2008, 19:49
That is one of the things that really did upset me about the SE versions of the Burton films on DVD, it would've been amazing to have new interviews and even commentary on there ( it would have spiced up Burtons boring "put you to sleep" commentary) quite a bit. The only interview footage is from then and around when they were doing BR, that truly is a dissapointment.

LOL agree, both Nolan's and Burton's commentary are well pretty slow to say.

Quote from: Sandman on Thu,  6 Nov  2008, 21:59LOL agree, both Nolan's and Burton's commentary are well pretty slow to say.

It seems like if Burton is doing a commentary with someone else, he is more fun and on track like the Pee-wee DVD with Paul Reubens. I always thought that he should have done a commentary with Sam Hamm for 89 and Daniel Waters for Returns.

Quote from: batass4880 on Thu,  6 Nov  2008, 22:13
Quote from: Sandman on Thu,  6 Nov  2008, 21:59LOL agree, both Nolan's and Burton's commentary are well pretty slow to say.

It seems like if Burton is doing a commentary with someone else, he is more fun and on track like the Pee-wee DVD with Paul Reubens. I always thought that he should have done a commentary with Sam Hamm for 89 and Daniel Waters for Returns.

Yeah i guess it must get kinda boring after awhile lol. That would have been awesome having Hamm and Waters do it with him.

I heard a rumor that Keaton wasn't on speaking terms with Warner's at the time ...but it could be just a rumor