Facebook
twitter

Author Topic: THE FLASH (1990) Television Series Discussion  (Read 6834 times)

Offline Edd Grayson

• Dark Detective
  • Forum posts: 1,343
  • Image uploads: 1
    • View Profile
Re: THE FLASH Television Series Discussion
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 17 Dec 2015, 10:42 »
I've never heard of this before. But I am pretty young and Flash isn't really my favorite DC hero.  :)

Offline BatmAngelus

• Staff
  • Dark Detective
  • Forum posts: 1,241
  • Avatar by Timothy- Manip by stationcommand
    • View Profile
Re: THE FLASH (1990) Television Series Discussion
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 28 Jan 2016, 13:36 »
The whole series is available to watch on the CW Seed
http://cwseed.com/shows/the-flash-classic/

I'm mainly familiar with the current CW show, but checked out the 90 minute pilot and wow...definitely a different take. I can see why this one feels associated with the Burton Batman films as this seemed like they were capitalizing on it much in the same way that Arrow was capitalizing on the Nolan Batman films.

Looking forward to watching more and imagining this and Lois & Clark in the same universe as the 90s Batman.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Offline Silver Nemesis

• Staff
  • Dark Detective
  • Forum posts: 1,486
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 2 Mar 2016, 13:10 »
Looking forward to watching more and imagining this and Lois & Clark in the same universe as the 90s Batman.

Ah, yes – I like to think that somewhere out there in the DC Multiverse is Earth-90, a world populated by the heroes of the nineties DC adaptations. A Justice League for the Nirvana, Baywatch, Central Perk generation.

No! Not them!

I meant these guys:

And if they need extra reinforcements they can always call on Nightshade, Silverstone’s Batgirl or Shaq’s Steel for backup. I just wish there was a nineties Green Lantern and Wonder Woman to fill out their ranks.

Have you watched any more episodes of The Flash yet, BatmAngelus? And if so, what are your thoughts?

Offline Silver Nemesis

• Staff
  • Dark Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 31 Jan 2017, 12:07 »
Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill constitute one of the most iconic hero/villain pairings in the history of comic book adaptations. But for me, the pairing of John Wesley Shipp and Hamill is every bit as classic. So to see them still going at it, in live action, over a quarter of a century since they first battled, is a real treat.  :)

Offline Silver Nemesis

• Staff
  • Dark Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 16 Feb 2017, 12:45 »
I just stumbled across this interesting ‘making of’ featurette. I’d not seen it before.

Offline phantom stranger

• Side-Kick
  • Forum posts: 482
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 18 Feb 2017, 14:48 »
Thanks for posting that! It's exactly the type of thing that should've been on the DVD release...

Offline Silver Nemesis

• Staff
  • Dark Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 18 Feb 2017, 16:00 »
Agreed. I’m sure the cast and crew would have been willing to participate in the recording of new material too. Many of them attended a special reunion screening in 2015 and seemed only too happy to discuss the making of the show.

Something like this would have been perfect for the DVD.

Not a member? Click here to register now!
Latest Forum Post
Re: Justice League Promotion
by The Laughing Fish
Total Members: 666 | Total Posts: 47,107 | Total Topics: 3,073

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
| Design based on the Reference theme by Crip XHTML RSS WAP2 iPhone Theme Scrolling News Ticker by Mioplanet
"BATMAN" all related characters indicia are copyrighted by D.C. COMICS, a TIME-WARNER company. Batman created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger.
All features, articles and blogs are © of Batman-Online.com's staff & members (unless otherwise indicated) and may NOT be copied without the author's permission. All artwork is © of respective owners.
This is NOT an official Batman website. Conceived, designed and edited by Paul Rodgers since 1st June 2002. Facebook and twitter feeds maintained by Rick Francis and Azrael.