THE FLASH (1990) Television Series Discussion

Started by Kamdan, Thu, 23 Oct 2008, 22:19

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 23 Oct 2008, 22:19 Last Edit: Wed, 27 Jan 2016, 22:03 by Paul (ral)
Ohh, boy, what a show! I remember watching this every Thursday night in my Flash pajamas. I even had a couple of shirts that The Flash on them. I had them all taped and I was pleasantly suprised when they arrived on DVD. The only thing I hate is that there isn't a big fan base out there for the series and I rarely meet a person who has seen the show.

I saw the pilot and "Revenge of the Trickster".

The pilot was released as a straight to video here.  I have the rental VHS.

I loved it as a kid, although I haven't seen it in years.

My brother has the enitre series on bootleg DVD.

got the series on dvd, one of the best tv series ever made.

I love The Flash TV series, IMO its still the best DC adapted character that had a  SERIOUS television series, it had the true heart of the character. I remember being a kid and looking so forward to watching it when it would come on, and the Elfman theme made it even better!

Im looking forward to christmas to get the full box set!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Bray said it best, "my inner 13 year old loves it".  For me though, reviewing it at any level above that just reveals the show's myriad weaknesses and defenciencies.  I think it would've been better suited going with a fun, lighthearted sci-fi angle (much like the comics themselves) as opposed to a loose noir atmosphere with minor fantasy and cop-drama elements.  Strange to think that you could do a show like that relatively cheaply nowadays but back then it cost a freaking fortune (which is probably why it got canned).

Ill always love it, to me its pretty timeless alot in the way '89 is!

In light of discovering that the entire series of the short-lived television show is now online, I wanted to share it with all of you who remembered it and to give it exposure to those who have never seen it. Here?s the link where you can watch the episodes:

http://www.joost.com/175o8ny/t/The-Flash-Classic-WB-TV

After watching, come back and share your thoughts on the episodes. Enjoy!

I absolutely love this show, with the foam looking suit, Elfmans theme and Hamills Trickster, I cant wait to someday buy the whole set!

Tue, 16 Jun 2009, 07:49 #9 Last Edit: Tue, 16 Jun 2009, 07:51 by Darrell Kaiser
I always thought that the suit was made out of felt. I'm sure it was devised instead of rubber so that Shipp could actually run in it.