LEGO Batman (Videogame)

Started by Azrael, Sat, 27 Sep 2008, 08:44

Previous topic - Next topic
I had planned to use only film music and fill in the blanks with BTAS material where needed (i.e. Clayface, Croc, Hatter, and some incidental to avoid overusing certain cues). That said The Heart of Ice music would definitely work for his bio.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

3rd game oficially announced:

Fantastic. The Lego series contains some of the best Batman games ever made, after the Arkham series.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 27 May  2014, 23:50
Fantastic. The Lego series contains some of the best Batman games ever made, after the Arkham series.

Agreed. And likewise the Batman games are some of the best lego series games... ironically the lego movie game was one of the worst. I played through lego marvel on the 3ds and enjoyed that one immensely.

I wonder which direction this one will be going? The first game focused more the batman villains, the second more the justice league. I'd imagine this one will be more JLA based from the first trailer and fact that the JLA film is coming cup. Given the space setting, could we assume star labs is upcoming?

Wed, 28 May 2014, 04:41 #74 Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 07:35 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: riddler on Wed, 28 May  2014, 00:27
I wonder which direction this one will be going? The first game focused more the batman villains, the second more the justice league. I'd imagine this one will be more JLA based from the first trailer and fact that the JLA film is coming cup. Given the space setting, could we assume star labs is upcoming?
I think it will start on Earth and then escalate to space.

I like the sound of this:
QuoteBrainiac's mind controlling abilities and the power of the Lantern rings bring unexpected twists to the classic characters' personalities.

Adam West has revealed Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham will be released on November 11th – the exact same day as the Batman '66 DVD release! That's going to be an incredible day for Batman fans. And just a few weeks before that, the second collected volume of the Batman '66 comic will be released.

Apparently the '66 Batman will be playable in Lego Batman 3. And you'll be able to drive the Lincoln Futura Batmobile too. ;D

It's not the first time West has voiced a Lego Batman. He played him in the excellent animated short Batman: New Times (2005) opposite Mark Hamill's Joker.

But I think this is the first time the '66 Batman has been playable in a videogame. I can't wait to get this.  :D

I'm kind of surprised nobody's posted on this;

I just finished this game for the PS4; it's definitely better than the first two games. It's actually more of a justice league game although Batman is the focal point and the batcave was well done. It kind of encompasses the first 2 games; you can play as the villains again like the first game and the justice league like the second game. If you were a fan of the virtual gotham, sadly that is not a part of this game. You can drive different land vehicles but mostly just as challenges vs. mandatory parts in the game. The replay ability is outstanding though with so many characters.

And yes the 66 series is well represented; Adam West is in every level of the game as himself (there's a bonus challenge of saving him), there also is a 1966 level with the villains restored (same 4 villains as in the original movie). This is the only level in which driving a land vehicle is part of it albeit for a very short part. It is actually kind of comical as you can play as the 1966 Batman and save Adam West. The second half of the level takes place at a 60's style diner.

Quote from: riddler on Thu,  2 Jul  2015, 10:33
I'm kind of surprised nobody's posted on this;

I just finished this game for the PS4; it's definitely better than the first two games. It's actually more of a justice league game although Batman is the focal point and the batcave was well done. It kind of encompasses the first 2 games; you can play as the villains again like the first game and the justice league like the second game. If you were a fan of the virtual gotham, sadly that is not a part of this game. You can drive different land vehicles but mostly just as challenges vs. mandatory parts in the game. The replay ability is outstanding though with so many characters.

And yes the 66 series is well represented; Adam West is in every level of the game as himself (there's a bonus challenge of saving him), there also is a 1966 level with the villains restored (same 4 villains as in the original movie). This is the only level in which driving a land vehicle is part of it albeit for a very short part. It is actually kind of comical as you can play as the 1966 Batman and save Adam West. The second half of the level takes place at a 60's style diner.

This sounds fun! Is it for 360? When my cuz lets me borrow his to play Arkham Asylum I might have to rent this and play it too! Of course I maybe should start from the beginning with this too lol. So much to play, so little time. I may just have to keep his 360.

Believe it or not, I just picked up the PS4 version of Lego Batman 3 about two days ago. Which is bizarre. I loved the first two games and simply just didn't get around to buying the third. But I have it now. I understand the consensus is that it's not as good as the others, but I'm not dissuaded.