Val Kilmer Is Battling Throat Cancer

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Mon, 5 Feb 2018, 20:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Not sure if anyone knew about this, but it's really heartbreaking to see him in such a fragile state.  My heart goes out to him and his family.

He still sounds better than Christian Bale.

:(

Have they finally acknowledged that it's what he's dealing with?

Very sad to hear him like this. Val had such an awesome voice, and now it's forever changed. I don't want to say it, but I think his chances of survival are bleak. Apparently he has a bucket list and he may have taken up painting.

He had been doing the painting for a while I think, I follow his page on Facebook and I think he was doing the art before he got sick. May be wrong.

The thing that bothers me is his refusal to seek treatment because of his religion. He's a Christian Scientist and their course for treatment is prayer and "alternative remedies." I can only speak for me but I believe God gave man the wisdom to explore and create the treatments that can help prolong people's lives and make them good fruitful lives, so it's worth seeking. But it's his life and his decision. I just fear it's going to rob us of a special person when he could have been saved. But hell you can't force someone to take the treatment if they don't want it. And maybe prayer's enough, it is pretty powerful. So we'll see I guess.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  7 Feb  2018, 02:11
The thing that bothers me is his refusal to seek treatment because of his religion. He's a Christian Scientist and their course for treatment is prayer and "alternative remedies." I can only speak for me but I believe God gave man the wisdom to explore and create the treatments that can help prolong people's lives and make them good fruitful lives, so it's worth seeking. But it's his life and his decision. I just fear it's going to rob us of a special person when he could have been saved. But hell you can't force someone to take the treatment if they don't want it.
I couldn't have said it better myself. That's exactly how I feel about this.

Quote from: riddler on Tue,  6 Feb  2018, 03:29
He still sounds better than Christian Bale.

Ouch.

I heard that he was diagnosed with an illness, but I never knew it was this dire. Awful news.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  7 Feb  2018, 02:11
He had been doing the painting for a while I think, I follow his page on Facebook and I think he was doing the art before he got sick. May be wrong.

The thing that bothers me is his refusal to seek treatment because of his religion. He's a Christian Scientist and their course for treatment is prayer and "alternative remedies." I can only speak for me but I believe God gave man the wisdom to explore and create the treatments that can help prolong people's lives and make them good fruitful lives, so it's worth seeking. But it's his life and his decision. I just fear it's going to rob us of a special person when he could have been saved. But hell you can't force someone to take the treatment if they don't want it. And maybe prayer's enough, it is pretty powerful. So we'll see I guess.

The irony of the name for this belief system is just mind-boggling to me. Even if Kilmer's condition is terminal, surely it's worth seeking treatment just to make it as comfortable as possible. But as you say, it's his decision.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei