Fans launch #ReleaseTheSnyderCut website

Started by The Laughing Fish, Wed, 17 Jan 2018, 13:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 17 Jan 2018, 13:29 Last Edit: Wed, 17 Jan 2018, 13:38 by The Laughing Fish
The fans taken their passion for the DCEU and have launched a website in support of Zack Snyder's full vision of Justice League, which allegedly exists.

The site includes analysis, testimonials from fans, media gallery, and of course, the link to the change.org petition to release the unedited version of the film.

Check it out: http://www.forsnydercut.com/
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I think Snyder's cut needed a few more months of post-production, several reshoots and pickups as well as a score by Junkie XL. Assuming it's even possible to get those things, it could cost $10 million or more. And that all assumes Snyder even has the heart to go through with it, which I'm not sure about at all.

I understand why people want it (and even sympathize) but I really don't think anybody should hold his breath.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 17 Jan  2018, 20:59
I think Snyder's cut needed a few more months of post-production, several reshoots and pickups as well as a score by Junkie XL. Assuming it's even possible to get those things, it could cost $10 million or more. And that all assumes Snyder even has the heart to go through with it, which I'm not sure about at all.

I understand why people want it (and even sympathize) but I really don't think anybody should hold his breath.
Pretty much. The studio killed Snyder's version of the film when they brought on Whedon and Elfman. They changed the direction of the film and made it canon. Showing a cut that isn't canon anymore doesn't make sense to them, even if the Snyder version is better - and I'm sure it is. They cut the cord and moved on in another direction. We don't have to like it, but we have to accept it.

As much as I want to see a Snyder cut I wouldn't hold my breath. Look how long it took to get the Donner Superman II cut. Over 20 years have passed since Batman Forever and still no Director's cut. And home video is far less lucrative now than it was before the streaming age.

lol, yeah, it's never going to happen. It's just a few fans are upset, and trying to project their outrage in a certain direction. Plus, Snyder left before he could complete the movie, so even if they released an early Snyder cut, it still wouldn't be a complete movie. Now, if he had a final version, and then was booted, that would be another thing entirely.

Overall, I just find it to be a useless endeavor. I dunno, whatever....

Quote from: riddler on Mon, 29 Jan  2018, 18:13
As much as I want to see a Snyder cut I wouldn't hold my breath. Look how long it took to get the Donner Superman II cut. Over 20 years have passed since Batman Forever and still no Director's cut. And home video is far less lucrative now than it was before the streaming age.
Dreaming of a Snyder cut is a waste of time. I'd like to see one, but focusing on something that's never going to happen is unhealthy in the long run. Focusing on the version they released in cinemas is healthier because it's a product that actually exists, and it's still something we can find enjoyment in. I'm fairly certain if the deleted scenes didn't exist (or we didn't know about them) opinions would be more favorable to the final cut. Because the final cut isn't a bad film. It's actually very re-watchable. Even if some scenes transition abruptly there's basically always something engaging going on.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Jan  2018, 10:59
Dreaming of a Snyder cut is a waste of time. I'd like to see one, but focusing on something that's never going to happen is unhealthy in the long run. Focusing on the version they released in cinemas is healthier because it's a product that actually exists, and it's still something we can find enjoyment in.

Tragically, I've seen some fans on Twitter (and many of them are listed in that testimonials list on the website) have voiced displeasure over the film because they believe WB robbed Snyder from his true vision. Some even go far to suggest they're actually happy that the film failed at the box office.

What bloody idiots. Saying garbage like that only fuels clickbait hacks to spew their drivel, and does the brand no favours, if anything. It's one thing to be disappointed by the film. But suddenly wanting the film and the entire franchise to film that you've been supporting all this time is just cutting your nose to spite your face. Pettiness to the extreme.

It's idiocy like this that makes me have a poor opinion of comics/geek fanbases.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 31 Jan  2018, 13:33
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Jan  2018, 10:59
Dreaming of a Snyder cut is a waste of time. I'd like to see one, but focusing on something that's never going to happen is unhealthy in the long run. Focusing on the version they released in cinemas is healthier because it's a product that actually exists, and it's still something we can find enjoyment in.

Tragically, I've seen some fans on Twitter (and many of them are listed in that testimonials list on the website) have voiced displeasure over the film because they believe WB robbed Snyder from his true vision. Some even go far to suggest they're actually happy that the film failed at the box office.

What bloody idiots. Saying garbage like that only fuels clickbait hacks to spew their drivel, and does the brand no favours, if anything. It's one thing to be disappointed by the film. But suddenly wanting the film and the entire franchise to film that you've been supporting all this time is just cutting your nose to spite your face. Pettiness to the extreme.

It's idiocy like this that makes me have a poor opinion of comics/geek fanbases.

They're not alone, the Nolan fans have been very vocal about cheering for the DCEU to fail because Nolan and Bale aren't involved. I feel sorry for anyone who wastes time and money on a movie they are rooting to fail.

I felt that way, and at the core, basically still do. I was fuming mad about the cut content. Do I want to see Snyder's true vision released on home video? You bet. But is it going to happen? No. So there's no point exerting energy about this anymore. What's done is done.

Sat, 10 Mar 2018, 23:33 #9 Last Edit: Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 00:24 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  2 Feb  2018, 03:22
I felt that way, and at the core, basically still do. I was fuming mad about the cut content. Do I want to see Snyder's true vision released on home video? You bet. But is it going to happen? No. So there's no point exerting energy about this anymore. What's done is done.

It's one thing to be upset over scenes that didn't make it to the final cut. But it's another matter if people are just going to tear the movie apart for even the most innocuous things.

For example, I've seen fans complain about this one moment during the Steppenwolf battle where Batman gives this rather surprised smile. I can't remember when it happens exactly, it might've been when Superman returns.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see what the big deal is. There's nothing really wrong or over the top about this facial expression, and yet, some people are making it out as if it makes a mockery of Batman. Hell, I've seen some people on Twitter going so far to compare Batman in JL as a complete cartoon joke, just because of this and some lines that Whedon reshot.

Again, the stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.