Batman: Hush (2019)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sat, 21 Jul 2018, 11:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Two new clips have been released online.

Here is one of Batman fighting Bane...

...and here he is chasing after Catwoman.

My eyes could be playing tricks on me, but the animation looks even worse than what I saw in Reign of the Supermen. The sight of Catwoman's legs as she jumps off the edge of the rooftop look strangely rubbery, and this gradient-looking effect to highlight the dark-clothed characters looks very poor. The voice actor playing Bane doesn't sound very good either.

Jason Fabok tweeted his dissatisfaction over what he saw. I reckon he's spot on.

After the Batman: Hush clip, I gotta say...and It wont be popular...but DC Animation really needs to step up the art and design and make each movie look original, or closer to the comics.  Everything has looked so "blah", style wise, for the past few movies.  Dark and generic.

https://twitter.com/JasonFabok/status/1150837087681372161

The whole art style DC Animation has persisted since Justice League: War is getting tiresome. I don't have the urge to watch any of these types of movies anymore, and that includes Hush. Hopefully things at Warner across the board changes. Sadly, I doubt it.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I caught up on some of the recent Batman animated films last month, including this and The Brave & the Bold Scooby-Doo crossover.

I thought Hush was very poor. The script is weak and completely lacks the tension and intrigue that was integral to the original comic. The relationship between Bruce and Tommy is underdeveloped, the animation is underwhelming and marred by the same bland New 52 designs as the other recent DCAU films, and they needlessly changed the identity of the title villain. So it gets a thumbs down from me. Avoid.