Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (2017)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 3 Mar 2017, 23:43

Previous topic - Next topic
James Gunn has been rehired to direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3.

https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-rehires-james-gunn-to-direct-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-2019-3

I had no problem with Disney firing him for those horrid tweets (even though it disappointed me that the whole situation happened in the first place), I have no problem with them rehiring him either. Consensus seems to be he left that "shock jock" style persona that said that garbage behind years ago and is a good decent human being, so sure. Give him another shot. I know the Guardians movies and this one in particular weren't favorites of most of y'all, but I adored both, so I hope they can all get back to work without any issues.

Question is, what does this do for his Suicide Squad sequel?

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 15 Mar  2019, 18:37Question is, what does this do for his Suicide Squad sequel?
Between Smith's departure and now this business with Gunn, I think I see some handwriting on the wall over there. Tough to make out right now but it looks like it says something like "Forget about it".

Alas...

Sat, 16 Mar 2019, 10:14 #72 Last Edit: Sat, 16 Mar 2019, 12:53 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 15 Mar  2019, 19:57
Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 15 Mar  2019, 18:37Question is, what does this do for his Suicide Squad sequel?
Between Smith's departure and now this business with Gunn, I think I see some handwriting on the wall over there. Tough to make out right now but it looks like it says something like "Forget about it".

Alas...

Knowing Warner Butchers' disastrous decisions as of late, this assumption is a little naive. It should happen, but it most likely won't.

So much for that Disney CEO hack Alan Fine stating Gunn's inappropriate remarks are inconsistent with the company's values.  ::) But then again, I'm not too surprised by this news. If anything has taught me about the defenses of Bryan Singer, Roman Polanski and Michael Jackson, Hollywood will go out to defend questionable people as long as they still have fans and it works in the industry's best interests. I don't know if Gunn ever abused somebody, but I don't think too highly of somebody making those "jokes" in that manner when Hollywood has been accused of having a culture of child abuse for years. Which leads to my next point that grinds my gears.

I'm now hearing Gunn was never actually "fired", and it was a lie to protect Disney's corporate interests to avoid risking the Fox deal. Now that it has gone ahead, they've conveniently made it public that he's "back". In my opinion, this ranks up there with the most distasteful PR stunt a movie studio has pulled ever since that prick Toby Emmerich lied about honouring Zack Snyder's true vision of JL.

I'm not able to express my distaste for this news very eloquently right now, so I'll quickly sum up my frustration: f*** James Gunn, f*** Disney and f*** the entire entertainment industry for that matter.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei