Should Darkseid make an appearance?

Started by Grissom, Mon, 23 Jan 2017, 21:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Following an article interviewing members of Snyder cut fans and a recap of the state of the unreleased movie on Business Insider, Snyder followed it up with yet another shot of Diana holding the torch before she notices a painting of Darkseid on the mural.

Judging by the caption, it appears the flashback of the History Lesson scene took place in tandem with Diana discovering the sight, and then she sees Darkseid at the end of the scene.

I wonder how many more unreleased, unaltered photos Snyder will continue to share? It still is a good bit of encouragement not to give up demanding for the cut nonetheless.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

New screenshot of Uxas aka Darkseid in combat from Snyder's History Lesson scene.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I neglected to mention in my last post that Snyder indicated that David Thewlis DID (or at least he was supposed to) reprise his role as Ares in the Snyder cut.

A day after that Darkseid reveal, Nick McKinless wrote an angry post on Vero, as he was led to believe that he was meant to be playing the character in the film.

Quote from: Nick McKinless
I'm still amazed that I'm being ignored by WB and now @zacksnyder for my work as #therealares in #justiceague

Hollywood is known for bad behaviour but not crediting me as #ares and giving another actor residual payments when he never appeared on screen is about as bad as it gets. My contract says ARES, my whole face, body and action is on screen (you can clearly see this in the photo below) so why credit a different actor?

I was NOT A BODY double. I was NOT A STUNT DOUBLE. It was me on screen and no one else. Had my face been replaced I would have expected dual credit at the very least. Instead nothing.

I have stayed quiet regarding this but the latest spout of bullsh*t saying Thewlis is Ares has really pissed me off.

#therealares
#injusticeleague

Source https://vero.co/nickmckinless/TmZ-qRZGDPznfN1fC7Nx1QJW

It doesn't look good, but according to this screenshot below, McKinless later calmed down a bit and conceded Snyder was not to blame for the situation.

It seems that Snyder intended to digitally superimpose Thewlis's face on McKinless to portray Ares on screen; exactly like he used Billy Crudup's face on another actor's body to portray Doctor Manhattan in Watchmen. But somehow this wasn't communicated to McKinless. Whether Snyder should've told him or not, I still reckon it's yet another example of gross mismanagement by Warner Butchers. If Thewlis never got around to do any work in the Snyder cut, I don't understand how he could've gotten credit instead of McKinless. One thing is certain, though, is NOBODY bothered to clarify anything to McKinless. Maybe this is yet another reason why Snyder's film hasn't come out to this day, because the hole that the studio has for dug themselves could lead them to serious legal ramifications they'd need to clear up. Who knows? Either way, I hope McKinless gets acknowledged in the credits by the time the film comes out.

To divert away from Darkseid and Ares for a moment, you can tell how mismanaged JL was as soon as those Butchers got their hands on it, as more details are coming forward. But just when you think the film couldn't have strayed away any more than what Snyder had intended, here are these screenshots of him expressing confusion - in explicit terms - when asked about the scene where Batman is coaching Flash on how to rescue the Star Labs hostages from the Parademons.

As much as I express my contempt for Warner Butchers, this doesn't make the DGA look any better either. The fact that this film got reshot and advertised as Snyder's film without him even endorsing the changes is a huge failure on their part. To this day, the man has never seen what was put out in theaters and home video under his name!

Disgraceful. McKinless is spot on when he says Hollywood is guilty of bad behaviour.

The LightCast YouTube channel interviewed Ray Porter about his excitement over the ZSJL news.

I love this guy's politeness.  :)