Batman vs. Two-Face (2017)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Wed, 9 Aug 2017, 22:07

Previous topic - Next topic

I'll bring back this post I did on the first animated film:

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  1 Feb  2017, 03:01
I also hope to see more daytime action in the sequel. B66 wasn't always sunshine and rainbows, but they had a little too much night time content in the animated movie for my liking. The humor of the show remained in full force, but I suspect they introduced a darker palette to even things out. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

And the same can be said of the second film.

Looks like it'll be fun, though. I love the B66 universe, but I think the animated movie franchise should end here with Adam's last voiceover role. I don't have a problem with the comics continuing.

I haven't seen any of the B66 animated movies. But I don't see how they can continue with it now that West is gone. More than any other creative contributor, I regard as HIS show. Hiring someone to do a West impression just seems cheap somehow. They can replace anybody else. But not West.

I'm sure there'll be other incarnations of Batman that take their cues from West's interpretation, but I doubt there'll be another canonical appearance by the '66 Batman in animated form. Not unless it's a silent cameo in an anniversary short. That version of Batman should be laid to rest with Adam.

On the bright side, at least he got to complete his Batman movie trilogy before the end. If Bale's films constitute The Dark Knight Trilogy, then I think Batman: The Movie, Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman vs. Two-Face should collectively be known as The Caped Crusader Trilogy.

The digital release date has been revealed as October 10th. The Blu-ray and DVD release will be a week later on October 17th.

I want this to be a celebration of Adam West, because I love the guy. But I do think they made these animated movies a tad too dark for the B66 universe. Batman is depicted as a swooping shadow. The palette is darker, as well as the themes. B66 wasn't completely devoid of these things, but it also wasn't wholly depicted in this way. The only real color in the trailer was via the yellow text banners with the purple and green background. Just my two cents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnU1xeBOaSg

Easily, one of the best scenes in the "Batman vs. Two-Face" DTV (it's why he will always remain the most human and understanding Batman of all time)!

Honestly, I loved this project. Mr. West gave a great final performance in this one and so did Mr. Shatner as Harvey.

The story was quite entertaining and the humor was spot on (the only thing that sort of bugged me was the inclusion of Harley Quinn, which I feel is unnecessary since Mr. West is no longer with us and any potential tease for another 1966' Batman without his involvement seems rather pointless to me).

So, let's discuss this one. I feel like in terms of voice over work, it worked better than the previous 1966 DTV and overall it felt more exciting and thrilling, even though this one has less references to the past iterations and adventures of the Dynamic Duo in '66 universe.