Joss Whedon to have a larger role in the DCEU

Started by johnnygobbs, Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 20:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 22 Aug  2017, 11:18I'm sure most of you have heard of the news that Joss Whedon's ex-wife is now slamming him in public. She's accusing him for having multiple affairs while they were married, and calls him a hypocrite for his championing of feminism. Some fans are reacting to this extremely badly, as one fansite had apparently shut down after fifteen years.

Under normal circumstances, a celebrity's personal life is none of my concern. But now I have the uncomfortable thought that some detractors will take advantage of this revelation to spin their negativity towards Justice League and Batgirl. After all, if the same vile pigs celebrated Snyder leaving the JL production to grieve for his deceased daughter, then anything is possible.
Snyder's problems are deeply sad and were done to him as a parent. Whedon's problems are his own. As far as I've heard, he filed for divorce and he admitted he cheated to her after he filed. So who cares about people using this as ammo against the DCEU? The comparison doesn't apply at all. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Tue, 22 Aug 2017, 20:37 #21 Last Edit: Tue, 22 Aug 2017, 20:39 by thecolorsblend
People say all types of things in the middle of a divorce. Considering that women file for something like 70% of all divorces in America, she needs to show some kind of cause (assuming she is the one who filed). Accusations of infidelity are convenient because they're easy to believe but virtually impossible to prove.

Ultimately we can't really know for sure. So commenting on it too much is a bit out of line.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 22 Aug  2017, 20:37
People say all types of things in the middle of a divorce. Considering that women file for something like 70% of all divorces in America, she needs to show some kind of cause (assuming she is the one who filed). Accusations of infidelity are convenient because they're easy to believe but virtually impossible to prove.
I'm not the biggest Whedon fan, but this is absolutely true. It becomes 'take my word for it'.

I was expecting Whedon's ex-wife to reveal that they enjoyed regular gangbang cuckoldry.

Disappointed.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: riddler on Mon, 31 Jul  2017, 14:00
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 31 Jul  2017, 02:07

Anyway, so supposedly Whedon will pick up where Snyder is leaving off. Considering none of us are in any position to change that, it would appear we have no choice but to see where things go and hope for the best.

There really isn't a choice. Snyder has openly admitted he is having a hard time keeping his head in the game given his personal tragedy and had to step aside. No matter your opinion on Snyder, him continuing the film wasn't an option. So between the other options of shelving the film or releasing as is, DC chose to move on with someone else who happens to have experience at this sort of thing.

I wouldn't call myself a Joss Whedon fan but he may be the best candidate to take this role. How many other film executives would come in under this circumstance and remain humble. Whedon has experience with this sort of thing, he is more likely than any other qualified individual to keep this as a Snyder baby.

Well...this certainly didn't age very well.

I was looking on Twitter yet again and while reading somebody's terribly pseudo-intellectual interpretation over how she thinks TDK Joker doesn't threaten any women sexually on screen (even though he expresses how attractive Rachel is, while brandishing a knife to her face), Whedon took the opportunity to say this garbage:

There's a little lightning bolt in here. (would have been fun if there were more women in the story to corroborate, but it's dead on - also hits why the Suicide Squad Joker creeped me out in all the wrong ways.)

https://twitter.com/joss/status/1177862634458275840

The f***ing nerve of this prick. First of all, the SS Joker was drastically toned down, along with the rest of the film, to accommodate the bitching and whining over BvS. Secondly, that's quite of rich of Whedon to talk about getting "creeped" out over male characters' sexual conduct when he is constantly criticised for Bruce Banner falling into Black Widow's breasts in AOU, and had the gall to repeat the same dumb joke between Flash and Wonder Woman when he butchered Snyder's movie. What a double-crossing degenerate.

And if this screenshot that somebody shared that is apparently from Whedon's script for an unproduced WW movie, once again, he ought to STFU:

There's nothing I hate more than sanctimonious hypocrites who love to virtue signal, whether it's as serious as sexual harassment or as petty as having selective outrage when certain comic book characters kill. Assholes.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Joe Manganiello confirming Batgirl was supposed to play a key role in Affleck's Batman script sheds a whole new perspective on Whedon's involvement with that character's cancelled solo film.

The sabotage of the fledgling DCEU is scandalous.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei