Joss Whedon to have a larger role in the DCEU

Started by johnnygobbs, Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 20:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 29 Jul  2017, 16:39We don't need to get into a person's politics
Then why do you keep bringing it up?

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 29 Jul  2017, 16:39Forget left and right/liberal and conservative politics for a moment.
I wish I could. But somehow the subject keeps getting brought up even though it's actively moderated on this page.

Sure wish we could understand why so that the guilty party could be dealt with, eh?

thecolorsblend, can we please drop the hostilities?  I think I'm on your side on this particular topic, and besides, we're talking about Whedon and Conway's attitudes here, not their politics.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 30 Jul  2017, 01:05
we're talking about Whedon and Conway's attitudes here, not their politics.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 26 Jul  2017, 20:24
but as you know I'm a liberal
I wonder how the rest of you feel about this seeing as many of the diehard DCEU fans here are, I think it's safe to say, somewhat less liberal in their politics than me...
So, will all you diehard supporters of the DCEU continue to support the franchise now that it looks like Whedon will be the major player in shaping its direction?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 29 Jul  2017, 20:35
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 29 Jul  2017, 16:39We don't need to get into a person's politics
Then why do you keep bringing it up?

Amen!

Pretty much.

So if we're through talking about meaningless things then I'd like to say (to TDK) that if Whedon is willing to adapt himself to the emerging DCEU tone and style, I guess it's okay that he's joining the team. I don't have to love it (and I don't) but it could lead to some positive things, eh TDK?

This thread was created to goad conservative DCEU supporters and stir up trouble. I've deliberately refrained from politics and decided to focus on movies and comics, and then a thread like this gets made?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 30 Jul  2017, 06:29This thread was created to goad conservative DCEU supporters and stir up trouble. I've deliberately refrained from politics and decided to focus on movies and comics, and then a thread like this gets made?
Yeah well, something tells me not much will be done about this.

Or if anything is, both sides will be admonished.

If it's an especially strange day, the right side of the spectrum will catch all the blame (despite our being the target rather than the perp).

Another day, another dollar.

I thought I was asking a legitimate question because on other occasions various posters around here have made their antipathetic feelings towards Whedon quite clear, and for what it's worth, far from seeking to stir them up, I actually rather sympathise with them.

If everyone is cool with Whedon in charge, that's great.  But if not, surely now is the time to make those feelings clear to Warner Bros rather than see a franchise I know many of you love and are invested in, go in the wrong direction.

No one, regardless of politics, religion and personal taste, deserves to see something they love and hold dear destroyed by someone else.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Yes I know, you poor victim. TDK and I cried it out a while ago over how bad you have it around here. Sure must be difficult for you.

Anyway, so supposedly Whedon will pick up where Snyder is leaving off. Considering none of us are in any position to change that, it would appear we have no choice but to see where things go and hope for the best.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 31 Jul  2017, 02:07

Anyway, so supposedly Whedon will pick up where Snyder is leaving off. Considering none of us are in any position to change that, it would appear we have no choice but to see where things go and hope for the best.

There really isn't a choice. Snyder has openly admitted he is having a hard time keeping his head in the game given his personal tragedy and had to step aside. No matter your opinion on Snyder, him continuing the film wasn't an option. So between the other options of shelving the film or releasing as is, DC chose to move on with someone else who happens to have experience at this sort of thing.

I wouldn't call myself a Joss Whedon fan but he may be the best candidate to take this role. How many other film executives would come in under this circumstance and remain humble. Whedon has experience with this sort of thing, he is more likely than any other qualified individual to keep this as a Snyder baby.

I'm sure most of you have heard of the news that Joss Whedon's ex-wife is now slamming him in public. She's accusing him for having multiple affairs while they were married, and calls him a hypocrite for his championing of feminism. Some fans are reacting to this extremely badly, as one fansite had apparently shut down after fifteen years.

Under normal circumstances, a celebrity's personal life is none of my concern. But now I have the uncomfortable thought that some detractors will take advantage of this revelation to spin their negativity towards Justice League and Batgirl. After all, if the same vile pigs celebrated Snyder leaving the JL production to grieve for his deceased daughter, then anything is possible.

As a matter of fact, some pathetic blog, which I won't name, took advantage of the horrible Charlottesville incident a few weeks ago by claiming Snyder's adaptation of 300 was white nationalist propaganda and compared it to Birth of a Nation. So it wouldn't surprise me if attention seeking bloggers and critics would condemn Whedon's involvement in the upcoming DCEU films to virtue signal. Makes me wonder if Whedon's Avengers films will now be looked in a different light, assuming if the rumours are true, of course.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei