Ant-Man and the Wasp

Started by johnnygobbs, Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Great news!  Another Batman Returns actor has been cast in the MCU, after Michael Keaton's triumphant performance as The Vulture in this summer's Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Michelle Pfeiffer will be appearing as Janet Van Dyne/The Wasp in next year's sequel to 2015's Ant-Man.  Personally I think this is perfect casting.

It's also interesting that both Keaton and Pfeiffer have been cast in the MCU as winged characters.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

now we just need Danny Devito to play a character not based on something with wings and we'd be all set.

Quote from: riddler on Mon, 24 Jul  2017, 14:03
now we just need Danny Devito to play a character not based on something with wings and we'd be all set.
I'd love to see the entire living Batman and Batman Returns cast pop up in the MCU.

I personally think Christopher Walken would make a great Silvermane, if they ever decide to use him in the Spider-Man films (which are part of the MCU by association).
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I know I'm reaching here but I'd love to see the Wasp fight the Vulture in mid air but then at some point land on a rooftop.

Also Keaton being an antagonist to Pfeiffer would be awesome.

Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 18:30 #4 Last Edit: Wed, 6 Jun 2018, 21:48 by Silver Nemesis
Evangeline Lilly speaking about Janet Van Dyne back in 2015:

Quote"...I mean, I would love to see a storyline where Hope somehow, I don't know, tries to find her mom or meets her or something happens where there's some amazing reunion. I think that would be super cool, and I have my dream casting already, for my mom [...] It's got to be Michelle Pfeiffer [...] That [Catwoman] was my favorite of all time of all the comic book female characters, but Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman. Not just anybody or anything, not even like in the comic books, Michelle Pfeiffer."
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Original-Wasp-Still-Alive-Here-What-Evangeline-Lilly-Says-72702.html

I enjoyed the first Ant-Man. It was my second favourite Phase 2 movie after The Winter Soldier. So I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with this.

Quote from: riddler on Mon, 24 Jul  2017, 22:43
I know I'm reaching here but I'd love to see the Wasp fight the Vulture in mid air but then at some point land on a rooftop.

Also Keaton being an antagonist to Pfeiffer would be awesome.

Well they already did Spider-Man vs. Ant-Man, so you never know. It would be cool to see Keaton and Pfeiffer fight again, only with her being the hero this time and him being the villain.

I'd place my money on Wasp. If a rookie Scott Lang can take Falcon, then I reckon Janet can beat Toomes.

Evangeline Lilly's looking buff in her latest training picks.

The first location photos are appearing online. It shouldn't be too long before we get a glimpse of Pfeiffer on set.

First pic of Evangeline Lilly in the Wasp costume, posted on what would have been Jack Kirby's 100th birthday. I think she looks better with her hair long.

Question is, will we get to see Pfeiffer in the original Wasp costume glimpsed during the first movie's flashback scenes?

I like that they are enlarging objects and people this time around, I was hoping to see giant man in the first one and enjoyed him in the second one.

Here's our first official glimpse of Pfeiffer and it looks like she's wearing some sort of high-tech suit. Her own Wasp costume perhaps?

A new trailer is due tomorrow.