Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Wed, 8 Nov 2023, 19:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Someone needs to give their gaydar a rest for once. Sounds like the same type of person who would blog about the notion that Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers are definitely in love with one another. I mean, one of Captain America's main objectives was driven by Bucky in the MCU. By trying to find and save him. Which is telling, right? Obviously they are gay! A platonic relationship that is affectionate, empathetic, but not sexual, simply doesn't and shouldn't exist in todays world. Is this critic associated with slate.com by any chance?

Plus, let's get real. If this movie actually took the step of literally taking the cuties route with no F's given, it's RT. That would have resulted in automatically alleviating the severe cases of red*ss among critics about the 2016 flick getting canned, and the critic score would undoubtedly be much higher, don'tcha think? Why would they hold back? They love that underage stuff. Mainstream audiences? Yeah, not so much, and for good reason. The dichotomy between the scores is more indicative to me that most people are simply not seeing what this critic is apparently seeing as an absolute. Maybe a lot of us watched a edited cut? Nah, probably not.

On the topic that the original Ghostbusters should have been focused upon in a new set of films, that we can agree on. It's one of those situations where you just know there was much more to explore with the original cast, but the years of developmental hell, Bill Murray, and unfortunately, Harold Ramis passing away really took the oomph away from what that could have been like. The fact that Sony willed the 2016 crap into existence really did a lot of damage to the overall brand. Hell, I have a Ghostbusters logo t-shirt, and stopped wearing it because I literally didn't want to give anyone the notion that I was a fan of what was then the 'current' ill-conceived iteration. Also, as I've stated before, I'm thankful for "GB Afterlife", as in no world would I want what we got in 2016 to be the ultimate bookend with "Ghostbusters" in the title. If "Afterlife" succeeded in any way by making the 2016 failure a distant memory for the new generation, sweeping it right into the dust bin of history, in addition to getting the bad taste out of everyone's mouth of which the franchise was left in, then, yes, it ultimately did it's job.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."