Sony's VENOM Movie

Started by The Joker, Fri, 19 May 2017, 23:43

Previous topic - Next topic

The Venom movie Twitter page is now up.

https://twitter.com/VenomMovie

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Considering Hardy's a fan of the character, it sounds like he's very committed to the role with his MMA and kickboxing sessions five days a week.

Also it being said Venom is going to be 8'4 was a eyebrow raiser. Sounds like we're getting the big hulk-like Venom (as some artists draw him looking huge) as opposed to a 6'3-6'5 Venom. If anything, the massive size will assuredly differentiate this Venom even further from the SM3 Venom.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Advertisement posters featured at the CCXP (Comic Con Experience) in São Paulo, Brazil.

First official image of Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock.

The teaser is up.

Silver Nemesis beat me to it ...  ;D

There's stuff that I like, and don't like. From the official trailer, Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock is coming across as a reporter that's on the up and up, rather than being portrayed as self serving or shady, but again, it's just a trailer. There very well could be scenes of Brock being dubious in his back story, and without the Sin Eater angle being played out, is already in the process of trying to make up for his past sins by the time the start of the movie, so we'll see.

I do like the look, and that the Venom Symbiote is finally shown using telepathy in communicating with Brock. Thus making it a character in it's own right, and highlighting the "WE are Venom" line, giving it a bit more meaning. Which is a noticeable step in the right direction from the mute parasitic symbiote just looking for any random living host that's nearby that we got from SM3.

The trailer didn't do anything for me. It felt like a TV movie.

I also fail to see how this Venom aesthetic looks any different to what we saw in Spider-Man 3.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 28 Apr  2018, 00:57
I also fail to see how this Venom aesthetic looks any different to what we saw in Spider-Man 3.

You know, the look of the 2018 Venom not being dramatically different from the 2007 Venom probably works in it's favor. The differences are there, but  not overt. Both look like Venom, but from what I can tell, there's more of a vein-like pattern on the body than web-like one (I can't tell if Hardy's Venom has the white spider logo on the chest from the trailer, but that would be a big difference if not). Smaller white eyes, unless Venom's squinting in the reveal scene from the trailer. Longer, thicker crocodile teeth that appear to be in rows like a shark. Much more pronounced tongue. Appears to grow 1-2 feet in height, and musculature when Brock transforms into Venom. Also, Brock demonstrates a different voice as Venom. Something I imagined was the case when I was a little kid reading any comics Venom appeared in, was validated with the 90's animated series (I assume the subsequent Spider-Man cartoons did the same?!?), missing from SM3 (unless I'm forgetting about it?!?), and now has come full circle with this.

Can't say I'm crazy about the Venom symbiote's voice though after repeated viewings of the trailer. I'm glad it's there for sure, cause the relationship needs to be established, but I always imagined it being more of a whisper when communicating with it's host, rather than sounding like Keith David.

New images released.

and a comparison with McFarlane's Venom via Twitter.