Krypton (SyFy TV Series)

Started by The Laughing Fish, Wed, 19 Apr 2017, 14:47

Previous topic - Next topic
I like what Snyder is doing. MoS is the birth, BvS is the death and JL is the resurrection. The funny thing is that the World Without Superman arc is probably the best part of the Death of Superman arc for me. Superman's absence in this instance shows a lot about the world. Did we really need Superman? What did Superman stand for? Are those morals worth continuing? And so on. You get the idea.

As for JL, I dig the idea that a mortal has to seek out metahumans. And it's all done because of Superman. He's the chief inspiration. The message of the movie will no doubt be that Superman completes the team. He's the missing piece and we do need him. I see the side of the 'OMG Snyder hates Superman' crowd but I just don't agree with it. They can't accuse me of not listening to them. I have. That's fair.

"I often tell people that I listen to everyone, but the decision will ultimately be mine. That's a good way to be in life and in business. Listen to others, but never negate your own instincts."

Right now Superman is dead. That should be reflected in the marketing material and it is. He's absent. Any changes in his fortunes are to be discovered by actually watching the film itself. And I continue to have faith Snyder will deliver something memorable. And I'm going in cold turkey. I don't want any spoilers whatsoever about how big blue comes back. I'm sure others here are the same.

This got picked up. Good to hear.

Tue, 30 Jan 2018, 23:18 #15 Last Edit: Tue, 30 Jan 2018, 23:20 by Silver Nemesis

Damn, Brainiac looks really good. Wow!

Bullseye, Brainiac, Darkseid and Doctor Doom are the four comic villains I most want to see get a decent live action treatment.

This Krypton series just got a lot more interesting.

If I had to watch one of the new non-Superman TV shows, it'd be this. The alien element makes it way more appealing.