Batman and Harley Quinn (2017)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sat, 8 Apr 2017, 21:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Can't say I'm terribly interested in this one, but for those who are:

I sort of enjoy the "Let's get the band back together" approach. Didn't watch the entire video but it doesn't sound like Harley is being voiced by whatsername Sorkin. So hmm. But whatever, kids seem excited about it so that's cool.

Voice sounds better than Sorkin or Strong.  Never liked those voices, are very childish and annoying.  That's why I never liked Harley Quinn until Margot Robbie's performance in Suicide Squad.

If you don't like Sorkin, I'm pretty sure that means you don't like Harley.

I'm really looking forward to this one!
In the style of The New Batman Adventures, with Kevin and Loren  ;D
To me Arleen Sorkin wil always be Harley Quinn but i don't think Melissa Rauch is a bad choice.

Laughed my f***ing ass off at this. I say f***ing because that's about the only bad word they didn't use (usually by Harls) lol. It's rude, crude, silly as hell, and freaking hilarious. It was nice to have Loren Lester back as Nightwig (not a typo, watch the movie and you'll get it) and of course I adore Kevin Conroy's Batman. Wasn't sure about the new Harley voice but it grew on me. Loved the new Ivy voice (loved her in general) and the guy who voiced Woodrue (Kevin Michael Richardson) is one of the best villain voices ever.

I loved it and if you want a fun, silly, and juvenile Batman adventure you will too I think. There's one great scene with a lot of cameos of people you will recognize, I'm not spoiling it but I grinned like a f***ing doofus all the way through it seeing those characters in that setting. That's also where the two music numbers are, one is one of my fav 70s songs and the other was Harley singing something I didn't know but it was good.

Check it out. :)

Can't say I'm thrilled with the last couple of animated movies.

TKJ - Batman banging Batgirl.
ROTCC - Joker farting.
BAHQ - Nightwing banging Harley.
BAHQ - Harley farting.

I see a trend here.

With TKJ and this, Timm ain't what he used to be.

I'm pretty juvenile so the farting made me laugh. Especially Harley's cause I've done that to guys before. They underestimate Lil Ol' Me until their eyes are burning and they can't breathe. :)

As for the sex, it was more Harley banging Nightwing lol but I didn't mind that either, or Babs and Bruce. It's just part of the story they decided to tell.

Sun, 20 Aug 2017, 22:40 #8 Last Edit: Sun, 20 Aug 2017, 22:42 by Vleermuisman
I just saw it, kinda liked it.
Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester as good as always, but man do i miss Arleen Sorkin!
I tought Melissa Rough was very naggy.
I also like the TNBA style but i didn't get why the BTAS batmobile was in there.
The scene where Quinn was chasing Bobby (up on the ladder with the fence), reminded me of the first scene in "Sins of the Father" from TNBA.
Couple of funny scenes and good to see Captain Clown ;D

Batman and Harley Quinn is okay, but it's just not my type of film. Generally speaking, I do think there's a recent animated trend of making Batman more 'edgy' and 'mature'...and I'm not liking it. The B66 animated movies should be also more whimsical, or at least brighter in their palette. But they're not.

But that's a small issue compared to The Killing Joke and Batman and Harley Quinn.

The Killing Joke had Batman sleeping with Batgirl, and that didn't work for me. Catwoman is one thing. But I think Batman sleeping with Batgirl seems out of character. Same thing with the villains letting off gas. To me, it just doesn't seem right. I can't really explain it, but there's some invisible barrier that I don't think should be crossed, and they crossed it. Batman says Harley's gas "smells like discipline". It's played for laughs but again, that's not my cup of tea.

I don't need to hear Batman say that, or need to hear Harley do that.

The Killing Joke also added harsher, crude language, as did Batman and Harley Quinn. To me, Batman's world is already dark and edgy without this try-hard content that sticks out like a sore thumb. I think it's mostly a Bruce Timm issue. I love his BTAS work, but right now, the past means nothing. If this is his new business model, I'm not that that interested.

In an effort to be edgy, I think things seem out of character.