Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wayne49 on Fri, 27 Oct  2017, 10:39
My whole problem with the Flash is just about every line feels like it's intended to be a joke. And if it stretches thin just in a trailer, then I can only imagine how irritating he'll become in the whole movie. I sure hope he is not just this comic relief buffoon. The Flash deserves  more dignity than that. So far the movie trailers are playing the way I feared which is an over correction of BVS. Everything is now a one-liner.

That's been a concern ever since the "DC's too dark! Not enough humor!" derangement syndrome doubling down following BvS. That WB would go too far with it, and thus the weight of whatever the magnitude of a battle/war that's focused upon ultimately being diminished due to constant one liners being spout out at a consistent basis. MCU has a pretty unchanging formula in that regard, but in terms of WB, they have had a variety of successful films throughout their history of adapting comic books to films, that didn't adhere to that sort of approach, and I really don't think going too far left with it is really necessary either. The latest example being Wonder Woman. A film that had moments of levity, but was brave enough to take the lore and itself seriously enough that one liners and humor wasn't at all required every few minutes. What a relief! 

So far from what I've seen of Flash, he's essentially Wally West using Barry's name (and the father in prison schtick). I'm sure he's going to come across as the most intentionally comedic and untrained out of the bunch, and will probably save face by saving everyone's necks during the latter half of the film.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 27 Oct  2017, 23:48
So far from what I've seen of Flash, he's essentially Wally West using Barry's name (and the father in prison schtick). I'm sure he's going to come across as the most intentionally comedic and untrained out of the bunch, and will probably save face by saving everyone's necks during the latter half of the film.
Yep. I like what I've seen from the Flash. A cheery youngster in a red costume needing guidance from an experienced crimefighter. It's basically what the Robin/Batman relationship is all about. Bottom line, just agree with whatever Joker says. He's gonna be right. That goes for me too.

Mon, 30 Oct 2017, 19:06 #162 Last Edit: Mon, 30 Oct 2017, 21:17 by ObserveCreativeSoul
As a part of Justice League's European tour (for non-U.S. participants), Ben Affleck (Batman/Bruce Wayne) himself wanted all admirers & experts to participate in this special #BatmanWeek #JoinTheLeague contest on Instagram. Mr. Affleck's assignment is simple: "Show me where you gather YOUR LEAGUE."

This is what I decided to create:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4q6VikD6SI

That was my idea: that there is ONE strange individual who is not only ready to ACCEPT Mr. Affleck's challenge, but he is also dying to JOIN the Justice League without actually having any intention of GATHERING it. His name is very well-known... Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!

Enjoy! :D #MarketingCanBeSoFuuun

Quote from: ObserveCreativeSoul on Mon, 30 Oct  2017, 19:06
As a part of Justice League's European tour (for non-U.S. participants), Ben Affleck (Batman/Bruce Wayne) himself wanted all admirers & experts to participate in this special #BatmanWeek #JoinTheLeague contest on Instagram. Mr. Affleck's assignment is simple: "Show me where you gather YOUR LEAGUE."

That was my idea: that there is ONE strange individual who is not only ready to ACCEPT Mr. Affleck's challenge, but he is also dying to JOIN the Justice League without actually having any intention of GATHERING it. His name is very well-known... Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!

Very nice!
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 28 Oct  2017, 08:11
Yep. I like what I've seen from the Flash. A cheery youngster in a red costume needing guidance from an experienced crimefighter. It's basically what the Robin/Batman relationship is all about. Bottom line, just agree with whatever Joker says. He's gonna be right. That goes for me too.

Quote from: ObserveCreativeSoul on Mon, 30 Oct  2017, 19:06

Cool. Very cool.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

The Laughing Fish and The Joker, thank you very much, I really appreciate that! Hopefully, Matt Reeves will reunite both of them at some point & maybe we will get some grandiose confrontation out of that too (fingers crossed: if it's done in the style of the Killing Joke, A Death in the Family or Frank Miller's TDKR, then I would be one very happy individual).

I honestly think that Leto's Joker has this untapped potential that, if used accordingly and in the right hands (unlike what David Ayer did to him in Squad by cutting out/rushing most of his scenes & writing the script for the film in two weeks, which, if you are not someone like Aaron Sorkin or Shane Black, is a bad move), could turn out to be something truly phenomenal & beautiful. At this point, I would rather see Mr. J appearing in The Batman film as opposed to Ficarra/Requa's Mad Love spin-off & Gotham City Sirens or any other DCEU property.

If anyone had a yearning for GIF's of the JL Face motion posters, here ya go.

Plenty of good vibes coming from people who saw the screening of this film. I think for the first time since they started building this DC universe, I feel at least hopeful that something good will come from this. Fingers crossed that the new inserts and story adjustments have done the trick here and we have product that everyone can champion. It would be fun to embrace this film. If nothing else, I like the fact it's not so dark. No, I'm not a big fan of how Barry Allen is playing here (and note he will be just Barry in the film - no Flash reference yet), but like others have speculated, maybe that will be a growth cycle that sees him through to a satisfying ending. I hope so. I love the Flash.

Quote from: Wayne49 on Thu,  9 Nov  2017, 11:01
No, I'm not a big fan of how Barry Allen is playing here (and note he will be just Barry in the film - no Flash reference yet), but like others have speculated, maybe that will be a growth cycle that sees him through to a satisfying ending. I hope so. I love the Flash.

I picked up on that from the first trailer on how Bruce and Diana introduced the other three
"Arthur Curry- the Aquaman"
"Victor Stone. He's a Cyborg"
"Barry Allen"

Though one aspect I'm a little confused on: in at least one of the trailers, Barry states he's never done battle but in his Suicide Squad cameo he stops Captain Boomerang. And assuming Superman does return in JL, that would imply that Suicide Squad does indeed take place between BvS and JL

He simply...pushed Captain Cold, and then ran away.