Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 19 Oct 2017, 17:53 #150 Last Edit: Thu, 19 Oct 2017, 17:54 by Travesty
A few new scenes. It's based off of Flash. I'm really liking what we're seeing of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=mP23BBlED-o

I'm excited that we're getting a solo Flash. I like the TV show but am finding it gets bogged down with the whole "team Flash" concept limiting the title character. I like how it seems we're getting a Flash who has flaws and doesn't have all the answers.

I realize Barry Allen should be older but I'm digging his portrayal so far as the quirky kid starting out.

I'm glad they're taking Aquaman seriously and using the Flash more for the comic relief. I look forward to a rivalry between Aquaman and Batman.

If Justice League is two hours long, I'm kinda surprised but not sorely disappointed.

Guardians of the Galaxy was 2 hours 2 mins. Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are all about two hours long, and I love them to bits. Those aren't epic runtimes and I found the pacing fine. So let's keep our cool here.

Apparently it's been said JL was never going to be a long film. Someone visited the set and Snyder apparently told them this. I guess that makes sense in terms of creating a more streamlined plot and accommodating more screenings to help the BO.

Word around the campfire is an extended edition on home video will happen, so that makes me feel better as well. But perhaps it won't be a massive lengthening of the film, and instead be something like Suicide Squad's extended cut.

It would be something to look forward to considering the only DCEU film next year is Aquaman in December.

As long as they don't repeat the mistake of cutting out 30 minutes of important footage from theatrical cut, as they did with BvS, I'm not bothered if they're condensing JL to two hours.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 24 Oct  2017, 04:27
If Justice League is two hours long, I'm kinda surprised but not sorely disappointed.

Guardians of the Galaxy was 2 hours 2 mins. Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are all about two hours long, and I love them to bits. Those aren't epic runtimes and I found the pacing fine. So let's keep our cool here.

Apparently it's been said JL was never going to be a long film. Someone visited the set and Snyder apparently told them this. I guess that makes sense in terms of creating a more streamlined plot and accommodating more screenings to help the BO.

Word around the campfire is an extended edition on home video will happen, so that makes me feel better as well. But perhaps it won't be a massive lengthening of the film, and instead be something like Suicide Squad's extended cut.

It would be something to look forward to considering the only DCEU film next year is Aquaman in December.

Remember how much things have changed, Justice League was initially intended to be two parts with the second part next year. I'm excited for the film but I'm a little bit concerned that two movies are getting crammed into two hours. I echo the statement that I hope the cut content is not critical content. It's a bad sign if they continue to release home video versions better than the theatrical releases.
With respect to next year's slate, the Flash movie was initially slated for 2018 but pushed back to 2020. What times we're in now, when we're upset about only getting one DC film next year! Luckily we'll have three from Marvel to balance it out.

Recognise a familiar face at the 13 second mark?

Several sites are reporting it's Marc McClure, the actor who played Jimmy Olsen in the Chris Reeve movies and the 1984 Supergirl film, as well as Dax-Ur in Smallville.

Might we see further cameos from other former DC actors?

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 24 Oct  2017, 15:01

Recognise a familiar face at the 13 second mark?

Several sites are reporting it's Marc McClure, the actor who played Jimmy Olsen in the Chris Reeve movies and the 1984 Supergirl film, as well as Dax-Ur in Smallville.

Might we see further cameos from other former DC actors?

That's Marty McFly's brother Dave!

My fellow el duderinos, these two new posters are FIRE.

I like the one on the left as much as the Alex Ross style design. Classy, mythic....golden!

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 19 Oct  2017, 17:53
A few new scenes. It's based off of Flash. I'm really liking what we're seeing of him.

My whole problem with the Flash is just about every line feels like it's intended to be a joke. And if it stretches thin just in a trailer, then I can only imagine how irritating he'll become in the whole movie. I sure hope he is not just this comic relief buffoon. The Flash deserves  more dignity than that. So far the movie trailers are playing the way I feared which is an over correction of BVS. Everything is now a one-liner.

Quote from: Wayne49 on Fri, 27 Oct  2017, 10:39
Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 19 Oct  2017, 17:53

My whole problem with the Flash is just about every line feels like it's intended to be a joke. And if it stretches thin just in a trailer, then I can only imagine how irritating he'll become in the whole movie. I sure hope he is not just this comic relief buffoon. The Flash deserves  more dignity than that. So far the movie trailers are playing the way I feared which is an over correction of BVS. Everything is now a one-liner.

There's a shot in one of the trailers of Barry visiting his father in jail so at least that aspect of the character will be taken seriously. I'm not going to complaining about DC sprinkling a little more fun and humour after the Nolan films/Man of Steel.