Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 14 Oct  2017, 01:01
Now with the floodgates opening in Hollywood, much of their sanctimonious bullsh*t of having the moral high ground, and preaching in what's politically 'right' and 'wrong' has been unequivocally exposed as the farce it always has been.

With Affleck, the video bothers me about as much as the Trump Access Hollywood Tape. Which is not very much at all. Considering his history,  thinking Affleck's probably gone out more than once acting like the guy from Fashionable Male looking for some touch and grab isn't really too difficult to imagine. In this case, I'm sure the hyper disavowing from Hollywood will be at a minimum. His heart was in the right place even though his hands weren't.

At this point I kind of wish Harvey Weinstein would just be like, "Screw it" and write a tell all book with all the gory details about his decades in the business, including a full list of all the actresses he's had on the 'casting couch' (boy that phrase has been normalized over the years hasn't it? Even Hollywood, during their patting themselves on the back ceremonies make jokes about it) and gave roles to in return. Talk about one hell of a blow to the culture war. If anything, it would surely cement his legacy as the GOAT Hollywood scumbag. Perhaps even Bill Clinton looks at Weinstein and thinks, "G*ddamn, that's one sleazy son of a b*tch."

Hollywood lost the moral high ground when the Oscars awarded the child rapist Roman Polanski for Best Director back in 2003. To add further insult to injury, every celebrity in the crowd stood up, cheered and clapped. Disgraceful. But they have their favourites, and this Weinstein guy isn't the first and last deviant who worked there.

The whole thing stinks. Rose McGowan, who was subjected to Weinstein's abuse, took it on Twitter to accuse male actors, including Ben Affleck and Matt Damon (if I can remember), for knowing what Weinstein was doing and did nothing. Twitter suspended her account, which lead to people trying to start a boycott against the site as a show for solidarity and support for McGowan. I'd be have sympathy for her...except she once worked with a director called Victor Salva, a convicted pedophile, and even DEFENDED him.
Source: https://medium.com/codyngore/the-problem-with-rose-mcgowan-f5b5ae837894

It's this sort of two-faced rubbish that makes me doubt that anybody who is honorable works in Hollywood. Anyway, back to Justice League... :-[
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 14 Oct  2017, 12:27

Hollywood lost the moral high ground when the Oscars awarded the child rapist Roman Polanski for Best Director back in 2003. To add further insult to injury, every celebrity in the crowd stood up, cheered and clapped. Disgraceful. But they have their favourites, and this Weinstein guy isn't the first and last deviant who worked there.

Kinda like the fairly recent Meryl Steep BS virtue lecture on having the moral high ground over the President at the Golden Globes. Isn't she a buddy of Polanski as well? Hilarious stuff.
Though it did atleast provide Gibson and Vaughn giving her the classic "WTF are you going on about?" look. 

;D

Anyways, yeah, back to Justice League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNsQzBIN2jU

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

At least I didn't bring a pitch fork.

Quote from: riddler on Sun, 15 Oct  2017, 04:44
I found that line pretty funny, because he's joking but he's not. There's always an element of truth to what Batman says. He's still holding onto his inner rebel. They're handling his interactions with the League very well from what I've seen.

I have no issue with Batman telling a joke providing it fits into the plot instead of stopping the plot for a joke the way Schumacher did. It seems Arthur and Bruce are going to be at odds coming from different worlds while Barry and Bruce seem to hit it off better.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 15 Oct  2017, 08:42
Quote from: riddler on Sun, 15 Oct  2017, 04:44
I found that line pretty funny, because he's joking but he's not. There's always an element of truth to what Batman says. He's still holding onto his inner rebel. They're handling his interactions with the League very well from what I've seen.
True. And they're striving for a bit lighter tone. Apparently the fanboy griping didn't fall on deaf ears.

New poster:

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I like the blue tone of Batman's outfit there. Well done! And long overdue.

The new poster is okay, but it's not my my favorite. Love Wonder Woman's hair though. Aquaman has nothing on that.

Snyder is going to be releasing behind the scenes photos over the next month on Vero. He also shared storyboards of the Clark sequence which was first revealed in the third trailer. Any idea that the studio ditched his vision and reshot everything continues to fall apart. Studios don't hand out sole directorial credit as feel good gestures - it's something you have to earn.

The tone was always going to be lighter, but I admire how Snyder doubled down on certain things.

Offended by Batman machine gunning foes in BvS? Snyder added even more guns, along with a cannon and missiles.
Offended by the dark environments? Snyder gave us literal hell on Earth with red skies and lightning.

The action has the same impressive aesthetic.
The shell falling to the ground is pure Snyder - he used the same visual during the Wayne murders and Superman's funeral.

All in all, there's one month to go. I'll be doing a midnight screening as soon as tickets become available.

Just found out at my local theater that they will be giving out freebie JL movie mini posters for the early screenings.

They did the same thing with Wonder Woman. Hope I can pick one up!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."