Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

If that's legit... *sigh*

Oh well.

It's legit, but I think it's just a promo image they'd slap on merchandise. Or even those kind of posters supermarkets sell occasionally. Superman fans who were moaning about not getting an image with their hero can zip it now. But the official Alex Ross themed poster is THE poster for this film.

You know, it hit me the other day that WB really is handling the DCEU pretty well. Intentionally or not, the same director created the look for all or most of the League members. This gives the characters an aesthetic synergy with one another.

By way of comparison, picture Christopher Reeve's Superman teaming up with Michael Keaton's Batman. They're from different aesthetic viewpoints and wouldn't have looked good together on screen.

I think that's even truer of Blandon Routh's Superman and Christian Bale's Batman. Indeed, the only reason I would've supported teaming those two up is to ruin the Nolan fans' day. But they would've clashed horribly with each other. Routh's pleather bikini would've looked totally out of place next to Bale's sleek, armored look.

But Affleck's Batman looks very much of a piece with Cavill's Superman... as is logical since the same filmmaker guided their designs. Same with the other characters.

It's probably a coincidence that things worked out this way... but you really can't knock the results. Or I can't anyway.

Is that the Bat logo under the title?

I'd have preferred if they kept Superman out of the promotional material and tried to hide his appearance in the film but I'll get over it. I guess DC is mirroring it's BvS marketing and giving Superman the Wonder Woman treatment.

Here is another shot of Bats, WW and Flash together...

...and here are solo wallpapers of each Justice League member you can use for your PC. Taken from the group shot theatrical poster.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

As if we didn't know Supes was gonna be alive (even without the poster), the new JL action figures for mass reyail include him. On a side note the figures look a lot better than the BvS toys, including cloth capes to replace the cheap thin plastic POS cape. Have not bought any yet but if anyone else was disappointed with BvS's toys (I refused to even buy Wonder Woman once I found her cause I was so pissed about the money spent on that lousy ass Batsy figure lol) there you go, maybe these will be better. They have regular size figures and 12 inch dolls.

I just got back from Fan expo in Toronto (Basically the Canadian comic con) and they had these action figures as well as the batmobile on display. Indeed the level of detail is outstanding. But yes supes is featured as well, pretty much giving up the jig that he will return.

New picture of Bats:

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei