Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 14:48 #30 Last Edit: Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 14:50 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon, 27 Mar  2017, 11:50
Snyder's eye for visual continuity strikes again.

That's cool. I expect a lot of this type of thing.

Bruce/Aquaman at the fishing village could possibly parallel Clark's experience in MOS. In MOS, Clark speaks to a rude diner who has been drinking alcohol, but decides not to physically intervene. In JL, Bruce is seeking a mystery man who has been drinking alcohol, and is also met with aggression. Could Bruce leave the diner humbled, but strikes back at Aquaman in an indirect way, ala Clark and the truck?

And here's just a plain ol' guess, because why not?

Wonder Woman's slide kick is a daytime action sequence. What if Superman returns during this sequence, with a classic Snyder hero shot of big blue against a rising sun? A new dawn for heroes. That kind of thing.

http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/3/27/15065034/superman-justice-league-evil-batman-dc-comic-proof-zack-snyder

I only skimmed this because it was giving me a headache but I read enough. Thoughts?

I think the guy is an idiot, personally. Why not show Superman? Freaking duh, they want to save the big "He's back" moment for when people are in the theater watching the movie. Not when they're on their computer in their PJs (or less...no further comment needed there boys) watching a trailer.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 27 Mar  2017, 20:12
http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/3/27/15065034/superman-justice-league-evil-batman-dc-comic-proof-zack-snyder

I only skimmed this because it was giving me a headache but I read enough. Thoughts?
Consider the source of this stuff and tailor your reaction accordingly.
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 27 Mar  2017, 20:12
I think the guy is an idiot, personally. Why not show Superman? Freaking duh, they want to save the big "He's back" moment for when people are in the theater watching the movie. Not when they're on their computer in their PJs (or less...no further comment needed there boys) watching a trailer.
Bingo.

The Verge is one of those clickbait piles of fecal matter that feast on manufacturing outrage for the sake of clicks. They're one of those wankers who derided Iron Fist because they're upset the lead character isn't Asian (despite he's always been white in the comics). The funny thing is, Asians are a diverse group of people, and I wouldn't be surprised if many would actually be peeved at suggestions that reinforce a stereotype that every member of their race are capable of kung-fu.

#DestroyClickbait
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Possible concept artwork.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 27 Mar  2017, 20:12I think the guy is an idiot, personally. Why not show Superman? Freaking duh, they want to save the big "He's back" moment for when people are in the theater watching the movie. Not when they're on their computer in their PJs (or less...no further comment needed there boys) watching a trailer.
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 28 Mar  2017, 06:56Bingo.
Purdy much. I guess we could all be proven wrong here. But I don't know what else to think about Cavill receiving a credit for the movie but being mysteriously absent from all promo stuff so far. Maybe the marketing department learned from the Doomsday thing in the BVS trailers.

Seems to me that the click-bait article guy is too fixated on his own retarded theory. But at least he sounds excited about the movie. So there's that.

Honestly, I think the haters just want to see their anti-Snyder viewpoints confirmed. They love bashing the guy and in their own weird way, they're just as obsessed about Zack as his fans. BvS didn't line up with their own imagined expectations. They couldn't get past certain narrative decisions, and they still can't. That is reflected in the absurd 27% RT score. This is used as proof the film sucks when in reality, the mood upon release was split. Criticism is to be expected for any film, but I just ask for fairness. Biased hate drove the score that low and nothing will convince me otherwise - just as nothing will change the minds of others that Snyder apparently hates Superman. 

I agree, TDK, and think it's funny in it's own way.

If say, the amount of criticism that has been thrown at BvS, was attributed to specific Marvel films that were decidedly lackluster compared to some of the other MCU films, I wouldn't even have to state it. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I see MOS, BvS, and SS held to the fire for the final product that's put out, but I also notice that the same, THE SAME, very standards are decidedly not applied to the Marvel films, and/or choose to remain oddly silent on the subject. For instance, I cannot say that everything concerning the DCEU has been to my own personal preference, but I take the good with the bad. Much like I do the MCU. I wholeheartedly loathe the notion that the DCEU deserves the amount of criticisms it gets, while for some reason, the MCU get's a pass.

Again, I totally get that it's stylish to continually bash the DCEU for their shortcomings in countless videos or podcasts posted on Youtube/iTunes, but I also would note that it's absolutely fair to call out MCU films for their shortcomings (and yes, creative blunders do actually exist in the MCU), rather than gloss over them and resort to what comes across as group think/blind praise.

Oh well, to me, and if anything, Snyder as a director can take solace that it's better to have fans debate your line of films for years, rather than the alternative, which is playing it safe and not be talked about hardly at all.  ;)

That's very true, Joker. But let's not forget TDKT. The bastards always leave those movies off the hook too.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei