Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 26 Mar 2017, 02:46 #20 Last Edit: Sun, 26 Mar 2017, 02:54 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 02:23

That's it!
I don't know, Joker. I better keep watching just to be absolutely sure.

I love the whole package Gadot presents. The costume, the action and her voice. I'm way past ready to see her solo film.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 02:39
Man, they really nailed the look of Batman and Gordon together on 2:10. Comic book characters truly coming to life.
Indeed. And Gordon's line about playing well with others again is clearly referencing members of the Bat family.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 01:37
Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 00:46
Sadly I get the feeling Papa Cyborg's encounter with that creeping parademon is going to end badly.
Yeah, I think he will get killed and Cyborg probably decides to join the League not long afterwards.
Actually, no. I think he's kidnapped by the Parademons, along with other scientists, and they go in to rescue them all.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 02:46
I don't know, Joker. I better keep watching just to be absolutely sure.

A perfectly fine, understandable, and reasonable stance. Thanks for posting that GIF, btw.  ;D

QuoteI love the whole package Gadot presents. The costume, the action and her voice. I'm way past ready to see her solo film.

Yeah, Gal as Wonder Woman is special. Snyder really knocked it out of the park with choosing her.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

The brief shot of Lois is enough to suggest Superman. The whole 'look up in the sky' association that comes with the character.

And I'm guessing the montage of Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg is near the end of the film, possibly even the last scene. I bet Superman and Batman are standing next to each other, and that's why they've only shown the other characters.

A recreation of this image:

^Which would appear to be a nice homage to the intro of the early 2000s animated series.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Speaking of which ....

Saw these on Twitter, and I think they are too cool not to post.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

^I saw those earlier during the day too, they're awesome.

I've seen some people complaining Superman is absent from the trailer and marketing, which I think is a bit dense. On the other hand, it should make his resurrection all the more sweeter.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

It's not a case of IF Superman will return, but HOW and WHEN. I wouldn't have a problem if they hid Superman from the trailers and marketing altogether. The situation right now post BvS is that he's dead. Any changes in fortunes for the guy are to be discovered by the audience BY WATCHING THE FILM ITSELF. It does create a bigger sense of expectation and mystery around his role too, much like Luke Skywalker in TFA/TLJ. You *really* want to see him.

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 02:11
I like that they are making Aquaman the fun one who enjoys his work.
Back to this - I agree. It's actually very much like The Brave and the Bold's Aquaman who lived for fighting. I think Snyder's Aquaman will be much like the initial meeting with Bruce suggests. He's a ruthless savage to his enemies, but loyal and jovial with his friends. I'm okay with that mix.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 03:23
The brief shot of Lois is enough to suggest Superman. The whole 'look up in the sky' association that comes with the character.

If I were a betting girl (I'm not) I would guess that's her catching herself looking up hopefully for the zillionth time and finding nothing but sky yet again. I hope we don't see even a nanosecond of any scene involving Clark (even reactions of other characters) until we're in the theater.

Looooove the JLTAS posters. And the leg sweep. ;)

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 17:35
If I were a betting girl (I'm not) I would guess that's her catching herself looking up hopefully for the zillionth time and finding nothing but sky yet again.
That's certainly possible.
Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 17:35
I hope we don't see even a nanosecond of any scene involving Clark (even reactions of other characters) until we're in the theater.
Same. The usual people will say this is just more proof Snyder hates Superman.

But they've been saying that for a long time now anyway.

I like that the DCEU Batman started out with allies (at least Robin) but became jaded over the years to what we eventually see in BvS. And now he has to become someone who is willing to be part of a team and trust others again. Learning to be who he once was. We have seen a similar sort of arc before with the Burton/Schumacher series. However the fact its being overseen by the same director with the same actor makes it better to me.

Snyder's eye for visual continuity strikes again.