Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic
I've said that my investment in the DCEU at this point really does come down to Batman.

So in relation to that, I enjoyed the trailer. I like that Snyder is loosening up a bit and trying to be more "fun" (whatever that means). Like TDK says, it all is grounded in the dark style of BVS but the dialogue seems lighter and a little more playful. I like that approach.

I don't think the haters will have their minds changed by this trailer but I like Batman's presentation in it.

I like the trailer. I noticed Barry visiting his father in jail, and I suspect we'll be getting backstory on Cyborg.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 25 Mar  2017, 20:11
I don't think the haters will have their minds changed by this trailer
Of course not, but these same people didn't want Snyder returning after BvS. We already know their negative leanings against the man. Zack Snyder is giving us a Zack Snyder film. That's what he's been hired to do. This trailer fills me with confidence that every member is going to get their chance to shine - Superman included when the time comes.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 25 Mar  2017, 21:42
I like the trailer. I noticed Barry visiting his father in jail, and I suspect we'll be getting backstory on Cyborg.

Sadly I get the feeling Papa Cyborg's encounter with that creeping parademon is going to end badly. Isn't that the guy who worked for Skynet in Terminator 2? Cyborg's daddy, not the parademon.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 25 Mar  2017, 15:36

"What are your super powers again?" – "I'm rich".
Gliding down a massive shaft, getting into a weaponised vehicle and saying "my turn".
Gordon saying "it's good to see you playing well with others again" – "it may be temporary".

Those pieces of dialogue are playful but don't betray the character at all. They work and I love them. It's just like the JL animated series. Batman is forced to be more sociable but he still manages to hold onto his dark personality.

Totally agree

Btw I KNOW Flash is Barry, not Cyborg, but the backstory was mentioned so I think there will be emotional gravity from that cause of the parademon unless someone blasts its ass.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 00:46
Sadly I get the feeling Papa Cyborg's encounter with that creeping parademon is going to end badly.
Yeah, I think he will get killed and Cyborg probably decides to join the League not long afterwards.

I think it's clear the LOTR style war scene is the historical flashback which begins the film.

I like that they are making Aquaman the fun one who enjoys his work.

Oh, and I keep looking at that leg-sweeping shot of Wonder Woman.
You know the one I'm talking about.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 26 Mar  2017, 02:11
Oh, and I keep looking at that leg-sweeping shot of Wonder Woman.
You know the one I'm talking about.
You mean this shot?

I'll have to keep watching just to make sure it's the right one.

That's it!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

What I love about these posters and trailers coming out now was it happened a few days after those idiots on Batman-on-Film were speculating the movie may be in trouble because WB hadn't released any promotional material yet.

Man, they really nailed the look of Batman and Gordon together on 2:10. Comic book characters truly coming to life.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei