Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic

A little odd that the Batsuit is inverted.

Fun little fact: the JL animated series debuted on November 17 2001. This first ever live action film will hit theatres on November 17 2017.

Coincidence? ;)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I forgot to show Cyborg's poster.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I like the completed poster of all the current league members. It's nothing spectacular but it works. The only issue I have is the white emblem on Batman's chest to make it stand out more. In the completed poster though, I guess we could argue it's light projected onto his chest.

Yeah, very odd choice for the Batman poster, especially since that's not what he looks like in the movie. I have no clue why they did that?

My favorites are WW and Flash. I also can't wait for the WW solo movie.

Sat, 25 Mar 2017, 15:04 #5 Last Edit: Sat, 25 Mar 2017, 15:13 by The Dark Knight
The trailer is up:

https://youtu.be/3cxixDgHUYw

Quote from: Travesty on Sat, 25 Mar  2017, 14:47
Yeah, very odd choice for the Batman poster, especially since that's not what he looks like in the movie. I have no clue why they did that?
I've found a version in which the emblem is corrected. It's been done by a fan but you wouldn't even know. It looks much better, and it's the poster I'll be using for reference from now on.

Sat, 25 Mar 2017, 15:36 #6 Last Edit: Sat, 25 Mar 2017, 15:38 by The Dark Knight
My initial thoughts:

I loved this trailer. It's like Joel Schumacher's penchant for crazy action but on steroids - we have Aquaman riding on top of the Batmobile and leaping off into the sky. Zack is going all out. Tonally, it's going to be a lot more 'fun' but with the same dark stylistic landscape Snyder is known for.

Batman wise, I'm happy.

Batman gliding in the open air, dodging a missile, landing, rolling and throwing a gadget at a Parademon. This is the continuation of the Batman we saw in BvS, but probably even elevated above that.

"What are your super powers again?" – "I'm rich".
Gliding down a massive shaft, getting into a weaponised vehicle and saying "my turn".
Gordon saying "it's good to see you playing well with others again" – "it may be temporary".

Those pieces of dialogue are playful but don't betray the character at all. They work and I love them. It's just like the JL animated series. Batman is forced to be more sociable but he still manages to hold onto his dark personality. Bruce riding the horse at the start reminded me of TDK Returns too, which is awesome.

The slow motion takedowns are great – Aquaman taking down targets with his trident, and a slow motion shot of WonderGal kicking ass and then whipping her hair back. Zack knows how to make things look cool, there's no doubt about that.

This is pure rock and roll.

Ummmm, wow. I really loved the trailer. I like how it still has the same aesthetic, but it seems to have been lighter in tone with a bit mre humor, which I'm fine with. When Barry asked Bruce what his superpower was, and he said, "I'm rich", I laughed. Flash looks like he may be the standout, I'm loving everything we've seen of him, WW is lookin just as badass as ever. Aquaman is surprising me, which is good. And damn, Cyborg looks great! And of course, Batman. He's my favorite, so it's no question what I think. He looks amazing. And all of that Batmobile footage!!!!

Just a great trailer all around. I loved it.

Yeah - it seems like you had the same reaction as me Travesty. As a youngster who grew up loving action sequences and comic books, this really appeals to my senses. For a film about a bunch of super powered heroes, you need to use CGI. There's no way around it. No amount of practical stunt work is going to be able to create the types of scenarios we see in this trailer. I'm cool with that, just as I was cool with the Doomsday finale in BvS.