Rogues Gallery

Started by Travesty, Tue, 28 Feb 2017, 23:18

Previous topic - Next topic
So now that the ball is rolling, who would you like to see in the new Batman movie?

I wanna see Clayface. I think it's time, and the technology is definitely there.

I'd like to see a different live-action version of The Penguin.

I should also add that I'm pleased to read that Black Mask might be the new villain for the Gotham Sirens movie.  I think there's a lot of potential for that character, and I'd particularly love to see Catwoman go up against this character.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I'd like to see more of Leto's Joker.

This will probably have to wait for a sequel but Mr. Freeze. Heart of Ice style.

I read Batman: Earth One Vol. 2 a while ago,, and it had featured Killer Croc being depicted as a harmless outcast hiding in the sewers who Batman befriended at one stage. After Croc played his part in stopping the Riddler, he was secretly taken into Wayne Manor for refuge.

While I wasn't too crazy about this reinvention, I think this could bode well for a backstory between Batman and Croc in live action. It could show that Croc as one of the many good guys who no longer stayed that way, as Bruce had alluded to while justifying his plan in destroying Superman to Alfred during BvS.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed,  8 Mar  2017, 12:01
It could show that Croc as one of the many good guys who no longer stayed that way, as Bruce had alluded to while justifying his plan in destroying Superman to Alfred during BvS.

I figured that as a reference to Two-Face aka Harvey Dent.  The only other famous Batman ally who turned evil is Jason Todd, but I don't think that happens yet in this new timeline.

Quote from: OutRiddled on Thu,  9 Mar  2017, 02:18
I figured that as a reference to Two-Face aka Harvey Dent.  The only other famous Batman ally who turned evil is Jason Todd, but I don't think that happens yet in this new timeline.

I agree, Two-Face was one of the first things that came to my mind too. The point I was trying to make is I believe there's potential for a future Batman film exploring the history behind that reference, and have Bruce pit against a gang of villains who were good at one stage, and were people who Bruce had personally dealt with in the past. I don't think anything like that has ever happened on film or TV, except when Batman tried to help rehabilitate Two-Face in BTAS.

Imagine this - Batman had encountered troubled people like Waylon Jones, Harvey Dent, Selina Kyle, Kurt Langstrom, Victor Fries, and Pamela Isley at some point in time, and even went out of his way to help them in the best way he can. They eventually became the villains they are today, which broke Batman's faith in people, and in the future, these very same people join forces to try and get him. That way, we get an even deeper backstory behind Bruce's path to deconstruction in BvS, and he is forced to face his demons once more in the present day.

I doubt it will ever happen, but I think there is great potential for that kind of story.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Clayface could be cool. I'd also want to see Man-Bat. That could be a good change of pace.

As we all know two face isn't the only Batman villain who was once good. Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, even Harley Quinn were all good characters.

I'd prefer to see a villain we haven't seen in live action yet such as Clayface, the Mad Hatter, or Black Mask.

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 28 Feb  2017, 23:18
So now that the ball is rolling, who would you like to see in the new Batman movie?

I wanna see Clayface. I think it's time, and the technology is definitely there.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 19 Mar  2017, 01:02
Clayface could be cool. I'd also want to see Man-Bat. That could be a good change of pace.

I'd also love to see Clayface and Man-Bat.