What would you like to see in Matt Reeves’ The Batman?

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 23:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 26 Jul  2019, 20:49
We all know that unsubstantiated Internet gossip is the most reliable thing in the world. Right?

Anyway, scuttlebutt right now says that the movie will be a slightly more direct adaptation of The Long Halloween. If so, I think bringing the Dark Deco Gotham designs from BTAS would be welcome. The reality that Reeves creates for the film needs to support Batman as well as costumed supervillains. I think that it might inadvisable to shoot something like that in Vancouver. Shooting in Vancouver has been done to death. What's left?

But bringing a big helping of the BTAS Gotham City would be something new for live action and it would line up nicely with the crime noir elements of TLH.

I think this or something similar would be the best approach.

Lots of potential with Gotham City, especially with Gregg Fraser on board. The last time we had a proper, fully realized Gotham City was in Begins with the Narrows. With Reeves, I'm thinking the Iceberg Lounge, chasing Firefly around skyscrapers and that type of thing. Something that gives the audience a better feel of the surroundings.

I'm also hoping for the grandfather clock entrance into the batcave.

Word around the campfire is Vanessa Kirby is being considered for Selina Kyle. If she ends up getting the role I'd be totally fine with that. Even if she kept her blonde hair. It worked for Michelle and it works for Vanessa. I've seen Mission Impossible: Fallout I think she has the necessary traits for Selina. I get a cunning, high society vibe with an undercurrent of darkness.