Favourite Chris O’Donnell Robin Costume?

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 12 Feb 2017, 21:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the three main costumes worn by Robin in the Joel Schumacher Batman films, which is your favourite?

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Wed, 15 Feb  2017, 23:10
I don't think it would have been a problem seeing the green and red outfit next to Clooney's costume.  As Catwoman says, the Clooney suit is blue. It's actually a lighter colour than Robin's Nightwing suit, which is rather odd when you think about it – Batman is wearing a lighter coloured costume than Robin.

Agreed. Robin could have started with the classic colours, and later "upgraded" to his black Nightwing suit.

I prefer the BF because it was a 90s update of the classic Robin look. Also, IMO the Nightwing suit looks better without a cape.

Those are excellent comparison pics, Azrael. Did you create them yourself?

Quote from: Azrael on Fri, 17 Feb  2017, 14:30
Also, IMO the Nightwing suit looks better without a cape.

I was just thinking the other day that it would be interesting to see what the Nightwing suit looked like with the cape detached. Ideally with the person wearing it brandishing Escrima sticks.

Thanks, yes, these were edited to contrast the BF Robin suit with Clooney's blue outfit. Hope I got the heights right. Here's an edit with cape removed.

There are batsuit workshops that manufacture a version of the Nightwing suit which is basically a modified B&R design.

You've got some ace picture editing skills. That image on the right is beautiful. It's the perfect live action Nightwing costume. Imagine if Dick had worn the classic green and red outfit right up until the scene with the Robin-signal, only to then emerge from the armoury wearing this and proclaiming himself 'Nightwing'.

Quote from: Azrael on Sat, 18 Feb  2017, 12:35

It makes me wish Warner Bros had gone ahead and made that Nightwing spinoff they were developing in the late nineties. I expect they would've learned from the mistakes of B&R and opted for a tone more in line with that of the Burton films. We could have seen O'Donnell's Nightwing take to the rooftops of Blüdhaven to begin his solo career. A lesser known comic villain like Blockbuster would have been perfect for the antagonist, while Michael Gough's Alfred could have appeared in a supporting role. There's no way it would have been worse than the 2004 Catwoman movie. It would have given fans something to tide them over while they awaited the Nolan reboot, as well as offering O'Donnell a more dignified send-off from the franchise.

Catwoman was a missed opportunity.  Not saying it's a bad movie, it may have its fans.  It just has nothing to do with the comics.  I don't know why WB went with that script.

Quote from: Azrael on Sat, 18 Feb  2017, 12:35
Thanks, yes, these were edited to contrast the BF Robin suit with Clooney's blue outfit. Hope I got the heights right. Here's an edit with cape removed.

There are batsuit workshops that manufacture a version of the Nightwing suit which is basically a modified B&R design.

Outstanding work Azrael. I kind of think O' Donnell was initially cast with the vision to have him assume Nighwing. All the signs point that way, he drops the name in Forever then phases into the character in Batman and Robin. Seeing him in Nighwing colours just looks right to me.

Thanks man.

I always thought the B&R Robin suit would look better without a cape. The red they used looks OK, the Nightwing colours would be better, but it's maybe the cape that looks extraneous.

I like the Nightwing suit, of course you have to remember he is not Nightwing yet.  Batman and Robin could almost be a Nightwing origin movie.