"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
I actually thought TDK's Gotham looked the cleanest. BB was definitely the most rundown looking, but TDKR looked a bit more drab than TDK, IMO.

Quote from: Azrael on Sun, 18 Feb  2018, 16:54
The thing I will really hate about the new Batman movie will be for it to be visually boring, and Gotham without atmosphere.
Burton is really the only director who nailed Gotham City, especially in B89. I prefer that elevated reality vibe, right down to the navy sky with the werewolf moon.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 19 Feb  2018, 05:28
Quote from: Azrael on Sun, 18 Feb  2018, 16:54
The thing I will really hate about the new Batman movie will be for it to be visually boring, and Gotham without atmosphere.
Burton is really the only director who nailed Gotham City, especially in B89. I prefer that elevated reality vibe, right down to the navy sky with the werewolf moon.

Agreed. I love the stylized vibe for Gotham City.  I did like the look of the Narrows in BB, but that was MIA from TDK and TDKR.

Never played the Arkham games but I rather enjoy Gotham as it's shown in Injustice: Gods Among Us. It's a pretty dark place to be but it's not so Hell On Earth that you have to question why anybody would ever live there.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 17 Mar  2018, 16:41
Never played the Arkham games
After Burton, I'd say the Arkham games are the best representation of Gotham. If you're a fan of Returns you'd enjoy Arkham Origins. Huge buildings, a dark and seedy vibe and covered in snow. It also makes more sense as to why the map is largely empty. It's freezing cold outside.

Rumors are back that Affleck wants to keep playing Batman for Reeves' movie.

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 15 May  2018, 17:23
The way things are shaping up, Affleck may be the only positive thing that comes out of the DCEU. He should stick around as long as he can.

That would not hurt my feelings at all. A new one wouldn't either. I just wish they'd figure it out and start working.

I really hope that's true.

Well, Affleck took to twitter, and told everyone he's stepping down. He's officially out.