"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
So, Ben's solo movie has a title. What do you peeps think?

I think most people expected the title. I like it.

I like it as well. It's familiar, yet different enough to grab attention. It's got to be tough thinking of titles for new Batman movies so maybe we should just be happy this isn't called "Another One with the Guy Who Has Pointy Ear-Thingies on His Mask; Hey, Sue Us, We're Still in the Red After that Green Lantern Debacle".

The title is fine. It's been bandied about for a long time now. And what colors said above is right, too. Affleck has given us THE Batman, so it fits.

It works for me.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I used to hate the term "the Batman" because it made him seem like a thing instead of a person. Then I realized that was cool as hell lol. So now I love it, so I'm all good with this title.

I like this throwback to a simpler title, where the movie's title is just the main character's name. I'd love it if they return to a BATMAN (SOMETHING) format for the sequels. The shorter the title, the better.

Works for me.

On the cover of Detective Comics #27 1939, the character is actually introduced as The Batman. So incorporating that for a Batman movie title is a beautiful thing. In addition to already having been referred to as The Batman in previous films, so it's not an entirely foreign concept. The most memorable, for me, was spoken by Michelle Pfeiffer in "Batman Returns".

Quote from: Wow... the Batman! Or is it just "Batman?" Uh, your choice, of course!

– Selina Kyle, Batman Returns

;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Batfleck, aka the king, has spoken again:

"[Deathstroke] just seems like a great counterpart to Batman. They're similar in terms of skillsets, they're similar in terms of tone, and he's never been utilized in a movie before which is really, really exciting."

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  4 Oct  2016, 04:50I used to hate the term "the Batman" because it made him seem like a thing instead of a person. Then I realized that was cool as hell lol. So now I love it, so I'm all good with this title.
That's what I like about it, m'self. It calls to mind things like "the wolfman" and whatnot. It sets Batman up a horror character, a monster... for criminals.