Rachel Dawes

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sat, 24 Sep 2016, 11:41

Previous topic - Next topic
That spoof is the funniest thing I've ever seen in the last twenty minutes!

What I enjoy right now is how okay it's become to laugh at a lot of sacred cows in general and Hollywood in particular. Gosh, without those drug addicts who get paid millions of dollars to play dress up and read stuff written by someone else, why, I just might have voted for somebody they don't like, which would've been Double-Plus Non-Good.

Every single one of them knows victims of, are victims of or else are guilty of sexual assault on the casting couch (up to and including pederasty) but by all means, please do lecture me on morality.

The fools...

I loathe the character, lol.  Worst character in any Batman film.

She was OK as a Bruce friend and Batman ally working in and believing in the system, despite its flaws, and a symbol of what Bruce had to sacrifice. Then in the sequel her relationship with Dent was OK but then continuing the possibly-getting-with-Bruce, with him eager, to retire so they could get together, made her seem both too prominent and the whole story too much of a love triangle.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu,  6 Oct  2016, 03:06That spoof is the funniest thing I've ever seen in the last twenty minutes!

What I enjoy right now is how okay it's become to laugh at a lot of sacred cows in general and Hollywood in particular. Gosh, without those drug addicts who get paid millions of dollars to play dress up and read stuff written by someone else, why, I just might have voted for somebody they don't like, which would've been Double-Plus Non-Good.

Every single one of them knows victims of, are victims of or else are guilty of sexual assault on the casting couch (up to and including pederasty) but by all means, please do lecture me on morality.

The fools...
Considering the rampant MeToo'ism in today's news headlines, I'd just like to reassert this for my own posterity (and aggrandizement).