1989 Batman Speargun replica - UPDATE

Started by Sentinel80, Mon, 15 Aug 2016, 15:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Mon, 15 Aug 2016, 15:40 Last Edit: Sun, 18 Sep 2016, 09:24 by Sentinel80
--I have continued the fine tunning to recreate a more accurate look - enjoy the new pictures

hello fans!

Here i want share few pics about my replica, about a iconic 1989 Batman Speargun replica.

1:1 size, turning wire wheel, separation into two part (have lock mechanism), turning barrel. Folding handle, black matt metalic finish with the gold spear. Spear have metal rod. Metal screws, axis, conenctor.

If somebody have interest to buy, just write a comment or PM me.

Just a comment here, but that looks amazing. Seeing it up close really showcases the beauty and practicality of Batman's props.

thank you for your comment.

Yes, during creating this replica, i saw every piece have function, practical position. Compact, small, smart.

But we cant saw in the movie the secondary fire mode, the Tranquilizer darts shooting. I think John designed original the second barrel for this. I cant remember in the movie this was used ever.

The only time Batman tranquilized someone in the film was Vicki when he brought her to the Batcave. Though we didn't really see how he did that exactly. There's some mystery behind the gadgets that were made, but never used. Not sure as to whether they were scripted first, or just made to complete Batman's arsenal. Another mystery prop is a bomb-like device that was never used.

Yes, i noticed same, after im owning a hot toys batman toy.

Time bomb? shurikkens? smoke bombs?

The smoke capsule was in the comic book a normal small medicine capsule, what cracking. I cant see closer how looks the smoke capsule, im realised after i got the toy. (we hear a cracking noise after leaving the museum, but capsule not visible)

And before i finished my speargun, during collecting photos about the used prop, i noticed was around more different speargun: 1.,for demonstration - with motor - and for close photo - have different details. 2.,one what have a extra steam part from left side for shooting

We can see how batman remove the front, but the wire looks was externaly attached - that was the steam version.

Ah, not surprised that there's a stunt and a hero version of the prop. The stunt version wasn't intended to be seen up close, so usually details weren't as pronounced and they usually served a more functional purpose.

I maked few fine tunning. Enjoy the new pictures.