Favourite Suicide Squad Member

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 11 Aug 2016, 19:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was your favourite member of Task Force X/Suicide Squad in the movie?

Mine would be Deadshot. I thought Smith gave a solid performance, his costume was a good translation of the comic book outfit, his skill set was accurately represented, and I liked the fact he had a personal reason for wanting the mission to succeed.

What about everyone else?

I've included Enchantress in the vote because she was briefly a member of Task Force X before going rogue.

Deadshot for me too. Second would be Harley Quinn. Not that fussed about the rest.

;)

Other than Harley, Captain Boomerang & El Diablo would be the runners up.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Deadshot although Harley and Rick hold their own.

Deadshot was pretty much a variation of the action character Smith has been playing since the mid-90s, the movie almost felt like a Will Smith star vehicle. Not saying he wasn't good, more like the part fitting like a glove to the actor.

Margot Robbie was a great Harley. I would say Kinnaman as Rick Flag too.

Deadshot. Not only the acting by Will Smith, but he's the only consistent member of the team that really knows what they're doing and belongs there. I also like Captain Boomerang though, if only for the fact that he's clearly the underdog. Harley is on the same tier, but she has plot armor that makes her keep up. Captain Boomerang has no outstanding powers, yet he still somehow makes it all the way. Props.

This touches on a point I actually rather like. Enchantress was on the side of good, but she flipped. Therefore the only metahuman in the group is Diablo, and he's reluctant to use his abilities. Waller has to look for humans that are exceptionally proficient in their field to compensate. That works for me.

At this point, metahumans are a relatively new discovery. Superman was only outed on a global scale after the events of MoS. Then a couple of others followed. People like Deadshot, Harley and Katana are up against a superpowered threat, and nobody likes that. But they're simply all they have to use at this point. It's them or nothing. Metahumans are gold dust rare at this point, and Bruce effectively calls dibs on Aquaman and the Flash to Waller. The hunt is on.

Quote from: Azrael on Sun, 18 Sep  2016, 13:43
Deadshot was pretty much a variation of the action character Smith has been playing since the mid-90s, the movie almost felt like a Will Smith star vehicle. Not saying he wasn't good, more like the part fitting like a glove to the actor.

Agree with that. 

Harley Quinn for me.  She made the movie.  Also liked Boomerang, Croc, Enchantress and Katana.

Could've done without Deadshot, Rick Flag, Slipknot and El Diablo.