Suicide Squad Box Office Thread

Started by Silver Nemesis, Wed, 3 Aug 2016, 18:59

Previous topic - Next topic
Mon, 22 Aug 2016, 03:36 #30 Last Edit: Mon, 22 Aug 2016, 03:42 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: The Joker on Mon, 22 Aug  2016, 03:02

SS has now overtaken Ant-Man and X-Men: Apocalypse at the Box Office.

Suicide Squad did way better than I thought it would once the initial "critic" reviews came out. However, once the regular folk got a chance to check the movie out, it became apparent that it was consistently getting better word of mouth reviews than the trashy combination of so-called "critics".

In addition, it's good to see that BvS remains #1 on disc sales for the fourth consecutive week, as TDK reported. I'm sure the adamant detractors will maintain their schtick that it all equals out to doom and gloom, but responding to such goofyness is just wasted labor.
The anti-BvS crowd spin the narrative that nobody wants to support the movie. Yet it made a healthy chunk of doe and is performing strongly on home video. These day people go from 'I didn't like the movie' to 'the movie sucks and has no redeeming qualities - nobody should like it'. Not liking something is purely subjective.

Said movie is perfectly legitimate and all the moaning in the world doesn't change that fact. Simply put, some people weren't on board with the DCEU to begin with. Some haven't even seen the movies and speak with authority, holding up critic reviews as their proof. What a joke that is. Brainless sheep. The DCEU is banking money and based on feedback here, we're on board and enjoying the ride.

I don't really have a horse in this race, I'd love to see DC surpass s Marvel for simple fact that it means we'd have a darn good MCU but I'm not feeling it.

Critical and fan response plays a huge factor. Iron Man was a sleeper hit, the Incredible Hulk was not overly well anticipated only five years since the Bana film. The only anticipated film by that stage was Iron Man 2.

The big test for DC IMO will be can they finally make a profitable film without Batman or Superman? That puts wonder woman up against Thor next year. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 22 Aug  2016, 03:36The anti-BvS crowd spin the narrative that nobody wants to support the movie. Yet it made a healthy chunk of doe and is performing strongly on home video. These day people go from 'I didn't like the movie' to 'the movie sucks and has no redeeming qualities - nobody should like it'. Not liking something is purely subjective.

Said movie is perfectly legitimate and all the moaning in the world doesn't change that fact. Simply put, some people weren't on board with the DCEU to begin with. Some haven't even seen the movies and speak with authority, holding up critic reviews as their proof. What a joke that is. Brainless sheep. The DCEU is banking money and based on feedback here, we're on board and enjoying the ride.
Some people have no real leg to stand on when they judge and unnecessarily insult others for disliking this movie just because when they do the same. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Quote from: riddler on Mon, 22 Aug  2016, 16:02
The big test for DC IMO will be can they finally make a profitable film without Batman or Superman? That puts wonder woman up against Thor next year. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Technically they have already done it with SS. But I can see WW being a hit regardless. I've seen a lot of genuine hype around the trailer being released. We need women flocking to the cinemas in droves.  ;D

And generally speaking, I love the ignore function on this forum. Otherwise the semantic wars would still be raging. Let those people have a conversation with themselves.

QuoteI love the ignore function on this forum. Otherwise the semantic wars would still be raging. Let those people have a conversation with themselves.

;D

It's great, isn't? I didn't realise this forum had one till earlier this year.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 23 Aug  2016, 00:13And generally speaking, I love the ignore function on this forum. Otherwise the semantic wars would still be raging. Let those people have a conversation with themselves.
I don't know why someone would want to ignore another because of semantics, but semantics isn't what's happening.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 23 Aug  2016, 01:14
QuoteI love the ignore function on this forum. Otherwise the semantic wars would still be raging. Let those people have a conversation with themselves.

;D

Yeah, it's lovely.

The soundtrack is going well too.
QuoteSuicide Squad is only the fourth motion picture soundtrack to spend multiple weeks at Number One since 2000
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/on-the-charts-suicide-squad-reigns-again-w435517

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 23 Aug  2016, 07:50

;D

Yeah, it's lovely.

QuoteSuicide Squad is only the fourth motion picture soundtrack to spend multiple weeks at Number One since 2000
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/on-the-charts-suicide-squad-reigns-again-w435517

I didn't know there was an ignore function. Thanks I should use it!

And yeah the soundtrack is something we haven't discussed much here but it is excellent.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 23 Aug  2016, 00:13
And generally speaking, I love the ignore function on this forum. Otherwise the semantic wars would still be raging. Let those people have a conversation with themselves.
There's an ignore function on this forum?! Thank god! Thank god, for every ignore feature in your life!

Quote from: riddler on Tue, 23 Aug  2016, 14:39
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 23 Aug  2016, 07:50

;D

Yeah, it's lovely.

I didn't know there was an ignore function. Thanks I should use it!

And yeah the soundtrack is something we haven't discussed much here but it is excellent.
Thinking about it, Short Change Hero by The Heavy would've fit Suicide Squad like a tailored straight jacket.

Oh, and now that you have discovered the ignore feature, don't use it on me. Your choice of course, but you'd be missing out on some high quality discourse.  ;D