Spoiler free reviews

Started by Paul (ral), Tue, 2 Aug 2016, 15:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Tue, 16 Aug  2016, 04:13It is when arguments like; "She's taken so they can extract something from her and they can't, because she doesn't know anything, so her being taken was pointless." are brought forth. That's like assuming the characters in the film, would somehow know everything that the viewer does.
It isn't. It's me stating that the movie shouldn't have done it, because it'd meaningless. Whether they know it or not. It's very clear that it's there to justify the character's existence. Them taking her because she may know something is silly because there's no way she can know something that Clark doesn't. The reason they give isn't a reason. it's justification and MOS has a few of those.
QuoteAgain, how would they be aware that she doesn't know anything? They wouldn't. Lois being exposed as knowing Superman automatically makes her a person of interest for Zod. Just as it did the military. It's all set up. If Superman's not aware, or doesn't know, perhaps she does? Makes alot more sense to go ahead and cross your t's and dot your i's than to inexplicably chance having to seek her out later. Plus, the last thing Zod's crew would have expected, would be the Jor-El AI taking control of the ship, giving Lois valuable information, and assisting her escape. Actually, to further elaborate, it is later revealed that the vessels Zod and his army are using possess a "Phantom Drive", and thanks to Lois, who is knowledgeable of the situation thanks to the Jor-El AI, along with Hardy and Hamilton, ultimately cause a cataclysmic reaction that quickly creates a small singularity, effectively returning Zod's ship and his people into the Phantom Zone.

Not bad for a simple damsel in distress, huh?

Just because you personally don't like the execution doesn't mean it's purposeless.
There's no rason to think that at all. If this was an interrogation, yes. But it isn't. It's magicy mind reading technology. The ability to use it on Clark makes having Lois moot. Now, again, it wouldn't be that big of an issue if there was actually a point to them taking her. There wasn't. The lack of point isn't about the character's knowing, but the story deciding to put her on there so it can contrive the character into not being a damsel in distress. And all those scenes are examples of the movie doing that. And this isn't about women. Personally I don't want Steve Trevor to be contrived into not being snything other than what he should be to me, a man that's a soldier, but can't do or understand much of anything that Wonder Woman and should really only be a love interest and damsel in distress to me. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!