DC Digital sales

Started by Travesty, Thu, 5 Apr 2018, 18:25

Previous topic - Next topic
I know some of you guys may not like the digital format, but it's been my go-to for a few years now, and DC puts up sales quite often. So I'll try to update when I see sales go live on the DC comics app.

So as of today, they have a Joker sale, with up to 80% off. Many great books. They have a lot of collections, like Under the Red Hood, TDKR, Joker, to really good single issues, as well. Most of the collections are around $5-$6, and the single issues are at $1. Check it out if you haven't already. Sale ends on 4/9/2018.

I'm not really one for speeches so I'll just say....thanks.

Superman sale until the 23rd. Bunch of good books. Picked up Red Son for $6.

A Scott Snyder sale is going on till the 14th. A bunch of stuff, from all his Batman, Superman, and even Swamp Thing. Definitely gonna pick up Swamp Thing.

I think Morrison and Snyder's work is ageing very well. It's starting to feel like a modern golden era of sorts...at least to me. King's run has been serviceable but it just hasn't reached those same heights. I find his arcs to be mechanical and forced. Like the comparisons he's always trying to make between characters (Bane and Batman, Joker and Riddler, etc). The dialogue and self narration ends up feeling unnatural.

New sale till the 21st, called the DCTV sale. Basically, it's a bunch of collections from DC properties that are on TV. There's a TON of variety here, but for Batman, they have stuff from BTAS, B66, Batman Beyond, etc. They have a bunch of Flash, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Teen Titans, Death Stroke, etc etc. Too much to list, so check it out.

A HUGE Memorial Day sale. Way too much to list, and it is, by far, the biggest sale I've ever seen. It ends on the 28th, so check it out of you can, there will definitely be something you can find. Tons and tons of stuff.