Lindsay Lohan vs. Suicide Squad

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 21 Jul 2016, 20:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 24 Jul 2016, 00:19 #20 Last Edit: Sun, 24 Jul 2016, 00:39 by Dagenspear
Quote from: Travesty on Sat, 23 Jul  2016, 19:30Your outright stupidity continues to astound me on a daily basis.
You insult me for saying that insulting an actress because she commented against fiction is unnecessary? That's even more unnecessary. I didn't attack or insult anyone to do it. There's no reason to respond the way you did.
Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 23 Jul  2016, 02:31It's not WHAT you said, it's that you said it. Like I said, you're not the moral compass here, nor the administrator. We have one of those, his name is Paul, and I assure you if he has an issue with what I said he will let me know. He's reamed my ass plenty of times before, I've almost felt at times like I needed to be sitting on a bag of frozen veggies afterwards. So if theres a problem, he will tell me. Thank you.
I feel like I'm being too nice here, so let me tell you in no uncertain terms. I do not accept people being bashed unjustly. The Good Lord has saved me from my disgusting, hurtful, vicious, cruel, insulting ways and blessed me with empathy for those insulted like this, particularly over silly things. I don't care what's seen as acceptable by others. I won't insult you or attack you for this. But that doesn't mean that I'll say nothing. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

You can accept or not accept whatever you please, I'm just trying to save you the time because I'm not going to change on your account. It's a waste of time and only serves to annoy me and disrupt the board. I'm glad the Lord changed your life, He's changed mine too, but I'm still human and I'm still a good bit off color at times and that's not going to change. You've blown this way, way, way out of proportion. And that's the last thing I'm saying on the issue cause like I said, it's disruptive. Feel free to keep trying to "change" me or whatever with your lectures, but I can tell you now they're not going to work.

Mon, 25 Jul 2016, 16:10 #22 Last Edit: Mon, 25 Jul 2016, 16:17 by riddler
QuoteYou insult me for saying that insulting an actress because she commented against fiction is unnecessary? That's even more unnecessary. I didn't attack or insult anyone to do it. There's no reason to respond the way you did.

The character and the film are fiction but the actors, directors, writers etc. behind it are very real people. So when Lindsay Lohan criticized the film she's not just criticizing a work of fiction but also real people behind that work of fiction. It's similar to when Nolanites criticize Batman 89 and Returns, they aren't just criticizing the fictionalized versions of gotham city and Batman, they're criticizing Tim Burton, Danny Elfman, and Michael Keaton so damn straight those of us here have our own right to defend them and simultaneously point out Nolan and Bale's versions aren't above criticism themselves.

Lindsay Lohan had all the makings to be an A list actress. She pulled off a child acting role (the parent trap) playing two characters with great applause when so many other child actors failed, she transitioned to adult acting, she's held up alongside a genuine veteran actress in a remake of a beloved classic which could have gone very badly (Jamie Lee Curtis in Freaky Friday), held her own alongside one of the funniest ladies in Hollywood (Tina Fey in Mean girls) pulled off possibly the hardest type role in hollywoody- portraying a real person in Bobby in 2006. Yet in the 10 years since Bobby has been in one successful feature (Machete in 2010). She had the talent and it's not as if she got caught in an awful role which wrecked her career or got typecast. It's all her own doing, the obvious is that she can't stay away from substance abuse and petty crime in general but also she can't get along with others in the business and regularly feuds with those in the industry and people just don't want to work with her. It's obvious by her suicide squad comments she STILL hasn't learned her lesson because if she had, she wouldn't be going about making enemies for no reason.   

Lohan should be the last person to be pretentious about what is good for the world and how to create peace. Does she really thing being a role model for kids and acting the way she does is making a positive impact on humanity?

Dagenspear here's some food for thought. In case you didn't notice you are kind of a black sheep around here. We're mostly fans of the Tim Burton batman films and believe the Nolan films are not as holy as some would let on. You probably have a higher regard for the Nolan films than any of the regular posters here and don't hold back defending them. Nobody has suggested you aren't welcome here because you back up your claims but there are a lot of other message boards out there who would ban you for simply not meeting the status quo. Likewise you post something religious in about half your posts, that too would not be tolerated elsewhere but Paul is good here about letting people be themselves within reason. But you essentially appointing yourself here as the defacto moderator is taking it to another level and as you can see, nobody here is defending you as the attacks you are receiving here are being brought on yourself.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 24 Jul  2016, 01:56You can accept or not accept whatever you please, I'm just trying to save you the time because I'm not going to change on your account. It's a waste of time and only serves to annoy me and disrupt the board. I'm glad the Lord changed your life, He's changed mine too, but I'm still human and I'm still a good bit off color at times and that's not going to change. You've blown this way, way, way out of proportion. And that's the last thing I'm saying on the issue cause like I said, it's disruptive. Feel free to keep trying to "change" me or whatever with your lectures, but I can tell you now they're not going to work.
Quote from: riddler on Mon, 25 Jul  2016, 16:10The character and the film are fiction but the actors, directors, writers etc. behind it are very real people. So when Lindsay Lohan criticized the film she's not just criticizing a work of fiction but also real people behind that work of fiction. It's similar to when Nolanites criticize Batman 89 and Returns, they aren't just criticizing the fictionalized versions of gotham city and Batman, they're criticizing Tim Burton, Danny Elfman, and Michael Keaton so damn straight those of us here have our own right to defend them and simultaneously point out Nolan and Bale's versions aren't above criticism themselves.
Commenting against or insulting a work of someone is different than insulting a person.
QuoteLindsay Lohan had all the makings to be an A list actress. She pulled off a child acting role (the parent trap) playing two characters with great applause when so many other child actors failed, she transitioned to adult acting, she's held up alongside a genuine veteran actress in a remake of a beloved classic which could have gone very badly (Jamie Lee Curtis in Freaky Friday), held her own alongside one of the funniest ladies in Hollywood (Tina Fey in Mean girls) pulled off possibly the hardest type role in hollywoody- portraying a real person in Bobby in 2006. Yet in the 10 years since Bobby has been in one successful feature (Machete in 2010). She had the talent and it's not as if she got caught in an awful role which wrecked her career or got typecast. It's all her own doing, the obvious is that she can't stay away from substance abuse and petty crime in general but also she can't get along with others in the business and regularly feuds with those in the industry and people just don't want to work with her. It's obvious by her suicide squad comments she STILL hasn't learned her lesson because if she had, she wouldn't be going about making enemies for no reason.   

Lohan should be the last person to be pretentious about what is good for the world and how to create peace. Does she really thing being a role model for kids and acting the way she does is making a positive impact on humanity?
This isn't relevant to anything I said. The lackings of others don't justify our own. Only those who become enemies of someone are responsible for them becoming enemies. We're all responsible for the choices we make.
QuoteDagenspear here's some food for thought. In case you didn't notice you are kind of a black sheep around here. We're mostly fans of the Tim Burton batman films and believe the Nolan films are not as holy as some would let on. You probably have a higher regard for the Nolan films than any of the regular posters here and don't hold back defending them. Nobody has suggested you aren't welcome here because you back up your claims but there are a lot of other message boards out there who would ban you for simply not meeting the status quo. Likewise you post something religious in about half your posts, that too would not be tolerated elsewhere but Paul is good here about letting people be themselves within reason. But you essentially appointing yourself here as the defacto moderator is taking it to another level and as you can see, nobody here is defending you as the attacks you are receiving here are being brought on yourself.
I do the same here that I do everywhere I'm a forum member at. Me pointing out that insults aren't necessary isn't moderating. It's me pointing out that it's not necessary. I'm not telling anyone or forcing anyone to stop. I'm just making a statement. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Can we please stop with all the insults and nastiness?

I'm not taking sides here (and for what it's worth, I think Lindsay Lohan's comments were completely misplaced, although that doesn't necessarily merit insulting language), but I don't like bullying, and without naming names, I think a certain poster is being subjected to a barrage of unwarranted nastiness from others, including some I consider to be good people who should probably know better.

I know I'm not exactly Mr. Popularity around here myself (which probably makes it easier for me to come forward and take whatever abuse I'm not going to get for making this stand), but I don't think any of us should tolerate bullying or the singling-out of individual posters.  I'm sure the poster in question is a tough nut and not a fragile little thing, but still, bullying and victimisation, even online examples, can have nasty repercussions and we shouldn't do anything that might potentially hurt people on an emotional level.

Let's all try to respect one another, okay?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Oh God!

Do you have to post that smug ugly face?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

well this threads gone south in a hurry.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 26 Jul  2016, 15:49Oh God!

Do you have to post that smug ugly face?
Considering the alternative...